Bryan Reynolds’s requests trade

Chicago White Sox

On 12/3/2022 at 12:12 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah so many teams would be interested to the point where idk if the Sox can beat out offers for him. Not to the point where it’s worth it anyway.

I would do Corlas straight up for Reynolds’s. Reynolds is proven, Corlas is still a prospect  I don’t think Corlas is a Tatis  Reynolds hitting in our hitter friendly ballpark would be great and HE’S a switch hitter  BUT they would want more than just Corlas  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I would do Corlas straight up for Reynolds’s. Reynolds is proven, Corlas is still a prospect  I don’t think Corlas is a Tatis  Reynolds hitting in our hitter friendly ballpark would be great and HE’S a switch hitter  BUT they would want more than just Corlas  

Colas.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I’d say the 2006 version specifically. .298/.350/.477 with 24 HR’s sounds about right to hope to get out of Vaughn’s prime years. Very good player, shouldn’t be looking to get rid of that player by any means…but when you are talking about a 1B/DH only type of guy the value obviously goes down. If Vaughn could be used in a package without Colas or Montgomery to get an all-star caliber LH OF’er I think you’d have to seriously consider it. 

I’d say that is closer to a reasonable projection than a ceiling for Vaughn. To me his ceiling, as in best case scenario, is closer to .400 OBP and .575 SLG

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer

13 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I think Vaughn is going to grow into considerable power as he approaches thirty. The guy he reminds me of is Harmon Killebrew, if he just bulked up a little. Killebrew wasn’t particularly tall either. Their bodies and swings are damn near identical

Vaughn looks physically maxed out to me

Willie Mays was listed as 5’10 and honestly I think they were giving him a half inch there. Vaughn doubters dinging him way too much on his height. No way Vaughn is maxed out. Players typically get stronger as they approach thirty. At any rate, as I pointed out he is built just like Killebrew anyway. I could overlay a picture of Vaughn on that photo and it would be practically indistinguishable

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Vaughn looks physically maxed out to me

I don’t think he needs to add more muscle or anything, just fix his broken ass launch angle and have him stop swinging at s%*# out of the zone.  If he can elevate the ball better and wait for pitches he can actually punish, the power numbers will improve significantly.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Maggs had an 8.0 WAR season his 3rd year in Detroit. If Vaughn is capable of 8 WAR seasons , getting rid of him before he even hits arb would cement Hahn as worst Sox GM ever, and he would be high on the all time league list.

Vaughn could have the same numbers but only be worth 3-4 WAR because he plays 1B and not RF. 

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I’d say that is closer to a reasonable projection than a ceiling for Vaughn. To me his ceiling, as in best case scenario, is closer to .400 OBP and .575 SLG

Yeah you’re right, my projection was what I expect for the collective average of Vaughn’s prime. 

37 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

You don't let Abreu walk at 3/58 if you're just going to sign Josh Bell. 

If they were open to moving AV for an OF, they would have re-signed Abreu.

It was 3/48, you gave bell the abreu contract for some reason. I also said that was his top market expectation.

And the Sox doing this would be by far their most effective offseason in hahns tenure, but no they wouldn’t do it.

The Sox who just had a bunch of RH hitting corner IF would instead have added a switch hitting 1B and an OF that officially relegates Eloy to DH.

Thats a better team in contention. A team could have just re signed abreu and signed Nimmo and traded Vaughn for something but that isn’t the white Sox and sign verlander and do all of that.

Are the white Sox likely to re sign a 36 year old to a 3 year deal worth $58 mill? Unlikely.

Are they likely to sign a Nimmo for $100+ mill? No shot.

Could they sign Josh Bell, a 30 year old DH? Definitely.

this plan would be both plausible and make the team better during contention. I’d enjoy that more than watching Colson on a 70 win team in 2026

18 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Damn

Reading posts here and Twitter you would think Reynolds is the next coming of Mike trout.

Yes, we need to give up Vaughn, gio, and Montgomery...

Fucking dumbasses .......any and all of you who believe that 

🤡

I think this is my least favorite type of post, the hyperbole swing in the opposite direction is just so worthless. It makes you sound fucking stupid.

• Love 2
  • Fire 2

Personally, if the Sox are signing Bell (not gonna happen) there are a million things I would rather do. Benintendi is a 3 WAR player and MLBTR projects he’s getting 4/54. I would rather do that than dump a bunch of assets for Reynolds AND his escalating salary AND tons of money on the overrated Josh Bell.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sox have historically power year for the franchise. Fans see this and then losing Abreu and think “we should sign Andrew benintendi!”

Conversation breaks BMags’s brain, leads to the phrase “historically power year” being posted.

😉

3 hours ago, bmags said:

It was 3/48, you gave bell the abreu contract for some reason. I also said that was his top market expectation.

And the Sox doing this would be by far their most effective offseason in hahns tenure, but no they wouldn’t do it.

The Sox who just had a bunch of RH hitting corner IF would instead have added a switch hitting 1B and an OF that officially relegates Eloy to DH.

Thats a better team in contention. A team could have just re signed abreu and signed Nimmo and traded Vaughn for something but that isn’t the white Sox and sign verlander and do all of that.

Are the white Sox likely to re sign a 36 year old to a 3 year deal worth $58 mill? Unlikely.

Are they likely to sign a Nimmo for $100+ mill? No shot.

Could they sign Josh Bell, a 30 year old DH? Definitely.

this plan would be both plausible and make the team better during contention. I’d enjoy that more than watching Colson on a 70 win team in 2026

My point wasn’t that it couldn’t make sense, but just that if the Sox were willing to pay that kind of free agent money to have a veteran 1B, they would definitely have preferred Abreu. Letting him walk was a signal that they intend to reallocate the money for that position by handing it to an internal option.

2 hours ago, Kalapse said:

I think this is my least favorite type of post, the hyperbole swing in the opposite direction is just so worthless. It makes you sound fucking stupid.

Ok professor.  I sound stupid but the jokers posting dumbass trade proposals for Bryan f'ing reynolds aren't....

Carry on.. 

Edited by 2Deep

6 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

My point wasn’t that it couldn’t make sense, but just that if the Sox were willing to pay that kind of free agent money to have a veteran 1B, they would definitely have preferred Abreu. Letting him walk was a signal that they intend to reallocate the money for that position by handing it to an internal option.

But they may not have known a particularly good fit is available, and can’t sign abreu just in the hope one does.  

But Bell to me isn’t that outlandish. If you take clevinger, remove Vaughn, and add Reynolds, you are at like $172M. $180M is the most likely, but bell is like a $184-188 type signing. 

Again, unlikely, but actually would be a strong improvement to this years team.

But you could also say no to Bell and end up with Sheets/Grandal as 1B. Then you have 8M for some pitching fliers.

Hell, get Ryan Noda in rule 5.

Regardless, not convinced we are past point of trading Vaughn. 

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

But they may not have known a particularly good fit is available, and can’t sign abreu just in the hope one does.  

But Bell to me isn’t that outlandish. If you take clevinger, remove Vaughn, and add Reynolds, you are at like $172M. $180M is the most likely, but bell is like a $184-188 type signing. 

Again, unlikely, but actually would be a strong improvement to this years team.

But you could also say no to Bell and end up with Sheets/Grandal as 1B. Then you have 8M for some pitching fliers.

Hell, get Ryan Noda in rule 5.

Regardless, not convinced we are past point of trading Vaughn. 

Yeah, I can see the sheets/Grandal move as much more plausible. Perhaps that was even the thought process in kicking the tires on Sean Murphy.

In fact, the presence of Grandal just makes me think they won’t spend that money. The logic being that there’ll be another Josh Bell available next year when Grandal walks.

Again, this is what I think the Sox will/would do to Sox, not what I think is best. 

7 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Solving problems with intentional actions. According to quantum theory, there is a universe out there where this type of thing is done by the Sox

I wish I lived in the universe where the Eddie DeBartolo led group was allowed to buy the White Sox.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1