Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

I love McNeil as a player, but it's another low-power guy.  He'd have made a ton of sense if our OF free choice was someone with more power (Conforto, Bellinger, gallo).  IDK how I'd feel with ANOTHER ~15 homer guy, given we have most our positions filled with guys like that 

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Both of those guys have negative trade value. Hendriks is definitely a positive. 

There is a chance we can get both McNeil and McCann out of this. Then the money/value comes back to being similar from both sides. 

If the Sox give up Liam and take back McCann, I'm banking on cocaine flowing freely in Queens and asking for Baty like I mentioned before.

It's a big ask, but also, f*** that noise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I love McNeil as a player, but it's another low-power guy.  He'd have made a ton of sense if our OF free choice was someone with more power (Conforto, Bellinger, gallo).  IDK how I'd feel with ANOTHER ~15 homer guy, given we have most our positions filled with guys like that 

He's an above average defender at 2B with a low K%, so at least those would provide postivie impacts in the filed/lineup despite the lack of power. 

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

If the Sox give up Liam and take back McCann, I'm banking on cocaine flowing freely in Queens and asking for Baty like I mentioned before.

It's a big ask, but also, f*** that noise.

If you could get Baty, sign me up.  Move one of him or Moncada to 2B

Baty and McCann for Hendriks is pretty close to working via "trade analyzer"

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

He's an above average defender at 2B with a low K%, so at least those would provide postivie impacts in the filed/lineup despite the lack of power. 

for sure.  He's an awesome player.. I just want some power since that wins more games. He's far better Benintendi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Mets aren’t trading McNeil.  Carrasco is probably the best player you might be able to get in a trade.  Salary matches up well with Hendriks.

That feels like a slight downgrade move at best. Sox have  5 starting pitches. Where would Carrasco fit unless you're putting Kopech in the minors which doesn't appear likely, since Kopech is probably better than Carrasco.

Would this be a save money move for the Sox or money equal trade ? No idea at this juncture. We can jump to conclusions Sox need to shed salary now but that's not necessarily so.

Can they get a useful near MLB piece like a young starting pitcher the Mets aren't ready to fully trust in a World Series like pressure situation.

Maybe the Sox feel the need to address lack of pitching depth at the upper levels and still get a semi useful MLB piece like Guillorme and save a little money in the process.

I know a lot of people here don't want Hendricks gone since it would seemingly contradict the Benintendi move. But maybe it would be a part of a plan that includes a well thought out series of moves by Hahn .

LOL nahhh ! 😅

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That feels like a slight downgrade move at best. Sox have  5 starting pitches. Where would Carrasco fit unless you're putting Kopech in the minors which doesn't appear likely, since Kopech is probably better than Carrasco.

Would this be a save money move for the Sox or money equal trade ? No idea at this juncture. We can jump to conclusions Sox need to shed salary now but that's not necessarily so.

Can they get a useful near MLB piece like a young starting pitcher the Mets aren't ready to fully trust in a World Series like pressure situation.

Maybe the Sox feel the need to address lack of pitching depth at the upper levels and still get a semi useful MLB piece like Guillorme and save a little money in the process.

I know a lot of people here don't want Hendricks gone since it would seemingly contradict the Benintendi move. But maybe it would be a part of a plan that includes a well thought out series of moves by Hahn .

LOL nahhh ! 😅

You had me.