Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions

Sleepy Harold

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I mean, so is any proposal of Eloy + Hendriks getting you back the number 1 prospect in baseball, let alone throwing in McNeil, but I figured that was the point.

If those were the bones of a deal, guys like Vera, Mena,  assorted prospects would be surrounding the bones. I would be surprised if Alvarez was available no matter what.

15 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

If those were the bones of a deal, guys like Vera, Mena,  assorted prospects would be surrounding the bones. I would be surprised if Alvarez was available no matter what.

He wouldn’t be, they literally just cleared a role for him. But on the last page we have people suggesting Liam for Escobar and Alvarez and saying “boy I don’t want to give up Eloy” in a concept for the number one prospect in baseball. It’s ludicrous.

It’s like Me writing that the Sox should trade Joe Kelly and Luis Robert to the Astros for Ryan Pressly and that’s fair because closers have super value now and look the Astros are even taking on a contract. There needs to be more laughter and less “but Eloy!” 

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Being a Boob tweet, this one feels like a Sox plant to leverage better offers.  They still need to cut costs and address 2B and C.  I really don't think Liam is on the roster come Jan 1.

How do you know they need to cut costs ?

Silly question I know but everything they've done up to this point was to fix the problems they created in 2021 and 2022.

I'm not saying I believe there's a lot more room for added payroll. but there's still a lot of off season left so why be aggressive filling holes with Clevinger and Benintendi only to tear it down a week or 2 later ?

They could field offers for Hendriks and keep all that info for the trade deadline if those teams still are interested and the Sox are out of it.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He wouldn’t be, they literally just cleared a role for him. But on the last page we have people suggesting Liam for Escobar and Alvarez and saying “boy I don’t want to give up Eloy” in a concept for the number one prospect in baseball. It’s ludicrous.

It’s like Me writing that the Sox should trade Joe Kelly and Luis Robert to the Astros for Ryan Pressly and that’s fair because closers have super value now and look the Astros are even taking on a contract. There needs to be more laughter and less “but Eloy!” 

By signing another catcher?

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

No one here actually suggested it initially.  Some rando twitter account shared a picture of the proposal, and most everyone laughed at its absurdity.  No need to come in firing the trade generator around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No one here actually suggested it initially.  Some rando twitter account shared a picture of the proposal, and most everyone laughed at its absurdity.  No need to come in firing the trade generator around.

No, but people started with the "adding Eloy is an overpay" and "Maybe if they dropped McNeil it would be fair" stuff and that is way way way way way way way way way way way overvaluing White Sox players. 

17 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The number one prospect and Michael Kopech was acquired for Chris Sale, but I wouldn’t quite call Hendricks and Eloy as valuable as Chris Sale was. Eloy should be eminently tradeable in a deal like this. I wouldn’t expect Hendricks and Eloy  alone to get a deal done for Alvarez  (with McNeil), but assuming the owner is having a voice in the process, he seems to light fires under  his people to facilitate all-in acquisitions right now. This owner is a wildcard that might upend conventional wisdom

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No, but people started with the "adding Eloy is an overpay" and "Maybe if they dropped McNeil it would be fair" stuff and that is way way way way way way way way way way way overvaluing White Sox players. 

And the random trade generator doesn't like the trade generator. 

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

The number one prospect and Michael Kopech was acquired for Chris Sale, but I wouldn’t quite call Hendricks and Eloy as valuable as Chris Sale was. Eloy should be eminently tradeable in a deal like this. I wouldn’t expect Hendricks and Eloy  alone to get a deal done for Alvarez  (with McNeil), but assuming the owner is having a voice in the process, he seems to light fires under  his people to facilitate all-in acquisitions right now. This owner is a wildcard that might upend conventional wisdom

What awful overpay trades have they made? C'mon folks. If they were willing to move both those guys, they can get WAY better. Eloy + Hendriks alone doesn't get you Alvarez, it doesn't even get you in the ballpark, and no their GM isn't an idiot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Go for it then. Is "Eloy + Hendriks for Alvarez" a deal you think is fair to the Mets? Tell me why. I think it's insanely overvaluing White Sox players.

We’re not looking for a fair deal. Sox are not moving Hendriks unless they receive a great offer. If they don’t receive one, then so be it. I’m fine with him as the closer for the 2023 Sox.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Go for it then. Is "Eloy + Hendriks for Alvarez" a deal you think is fair to the Mets? Tell me why. I think it's insanely overvaluing White Sox players.

Oh no, I think you are spending waaaaaaay too much time getting upset over responses to random trolls making up trade proposals.  I think it is all absurd and can't see having to run down tons of combinations through a trade generator to justify by these imaginary trade proposals are awful, when they were most likely intentionally awful to begin with.  If you want to be upset, by all means.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2