Sox sign Victor Reyes MiLB deal, ST invite

bmags

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just a friendly who's right and who's wrong bet? I'll take that. Not good enough defensively to be a 4th OF but that might be your point.

I think it's more of an indictment of our recent attempts at filling right field. I'm really hoping this isn't our manager wanting a guy. 

24 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think it's more of an indictment of our recent attempts at filling right field. I'm really hoping this isn't our manager wanting a guy. 

Oh I was indicting it since it was reported they were "negotiating" with him. He's a nothing OF, not fast, no power, no upside, doesn't get good jumps, shouldn't play CF at all. He does have a good arm. He's fine for playing all year in AAA but the minute he see's 26 time he's a liability.

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

If I only I had any confidence whatsoever in the White Sox finding a way to unlock potential in a post-hype player. 

Serious question: have they ever actually managed to do that with any player?

Phil Humber until the perfect game?

• Fire 1

I knew this guy couldn't hit, but after checking Fangrahps I have learned that he can't defend either.  Oh Joy!

Gavin Floyd was kind of a basket-case with the Phillies. Productive for the Sox. (as an aside, Garcia for Floyd and Gio was perhaps Williams' best trade).  Also McCann

Also, Quentin as mentioned above, although after 3 years, the Sox just jettisoned him for a AAAA pitcher for some reason.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I knew this guy couldn't hit, but after checking Fangrahps I have learned that he can't defend either.  Oh Joy!

Gavin Floyd was kind of a basket-case with the Phillies. Productive for the Sox. (as an aside, Garcia for Floyd and Gio was perhaps Williams' best trade).  Also McCann

Also, Quentin as mentioned above, although after 3 years, the Sox just jettisoned him for a AAAA pitcher for some reason.

Put some respect on former White Sox top prospect Simon Castro!

For real though, if anyone thinks the current farm is bad, the Nestor Molina / Simon Castro days were real bad.

2 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

If I only I had any confidence whatsoever in the White Sox finding a way to unlock potential in a post-hype player. 

Serious question: have they ever actually managed to do that with any player?

They got Quintana for a song and he became very good. Many here refused to believe he would continue to be good . You kept hearing the phrase "smoke and mirrors" about Q.

• Like 1