Sox working on signing a LF

CWSpalehoseCWS

47 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I love vague as hell this is.  This is so vague he can't be wrong.

It's not that vague. He said new LF in 24-48 hrs. What else do you want from him ? If anyone else like Passan. Morosi, Heyman or Rosenthal had a clue who it was they would post the rumor. So far the big boys aren't aware of anything. Or it's such a meaningless signing that they don't care.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • TLR 1

it'll take at least 4/60 to sign Benintendi  since his contract estimate is 4/56 on fangraphs. Buying only his prime years for around 15M per is one of the best OF deals you can make this offseason. I can see the Yankees offering something like 5/80 tho.

Conforto is a good plan B. He hasn't played LF since 2018 but he'll be better than Eloy. Profar as plan C and worst case the Sox sign Gallo. Anyone else and they're not taking 2023 seriously.

3 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

it'll take at least 4/60 to sign Benintendi  since his contract estimate is 4/56 on fangraphs. Buying only his prime years for around 15M per is one of the best OF deals you can make this offseason. I can see the Yankees offering something like 5/80 tho.

Conforto is a good plan B. He hasn't played LF since 2018 but he'll be better than Eloy. Profar as plan C and worst case the Sox sign Gallo. Anyone else and they're not taking 2023 seriously.

There's no way we can pay 4/60 for Benintendi when we cant even afford a pot to piss in.

I could see it being Gallo assuming they gave him a 2nd year since he reportedly got more than 1 year offers.

Or more likely, they expect Swanson to sign shortly and whatever trade they have lined up may now be set in motion.

33 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I badly wanted the Sox to sign Profar 2 (i think?) off-seasons ago. In a vacuum, he'd be an awesome signing. Leury, except good. An actual stopgap option for when TA inevitably goes in the IL with hammy issues.

The problem, of course, is there's only room in the budget for 1 signing so that money is best spent on an actual outfielder.

This is exactly why I want Profar...but alongside a second OF.

I'd love to sign him + Gallo or Benintendi, but alone just feels like a band aid.

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

There's no way we can pay 4/60 for Benintendi when we cant even afford a pot to piss in.

I could see it being Gallo assuming they gave him a 2nd year since he reportedly got more than 1 year offers.

Or more likely, they expect Swanson to sign shortly and whatever trade they have lined up may now be set in motion.

Assuming we have $15M left to spend this off-season, I don’t think signing Benintendi to 4/$60M deal is something we couldn’t pull off.  That being said, I’m not sure I’m overly excited about signing a ~2 win OF to a four year deal and I think he might end up getting more like 5/$80M.  Conforto will forever remain my dream OF free agent as pathetic as that may be.  Such is life as a Sox fan.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Assuming we have $15M left to spend this off-season, I don’t think signing Benintendi to 4/$60M deal is something we couldn’t pull off.  That being said, I’m not sure I’m overly excited about signing a ~2 win OF to a four year deal and I think he might end up getting more like 5/$80M.  Conforto will forever remain my dream OF free agent as pathetic as that may be.  Such is life as a Sox fan.

TBH, I prefer Eloy’s power to anything he has to offer 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You really think we have money left to work with? I know Hahn went back to the well trying to get more… hopefully that happened.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

You really think we have money left to work with? I know Hahn went back to the well trying to get more… hopefully that happened.

I think we have some, but not $15M.  But my point is I don’t think sliding in $15M into our 2024 to 2026 payrolls is going to be the problem.  It’s fitting him into this year’s budget that is the challenge given cheap ass Jerry.

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Maybe they have a little and also plan on moving some of those BP arms. With how the market has shaped up, maybe guys like Diekman and Kelly have some value after all? We all know Hendriks and Graveman do.