Sox working on signing a LF

CWSpalehoseCWS

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I assume you’re looking at outfield totals and not starting LF/CF/RF

Well of course, because excluding Vaughn or Sheets from the "outfield HR totals" last year because they weren't the opening day corner outfielders wouldn't make much sense. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well of course, because excluding Vaughn or Sheets from the "outfield HR totals" last year because they weren't the opening day corner outfielders wouldn't make much sense. 

So I would then also assume in true Sox fashion all three outfielders won’t stay healthy all year and then will get 10-20 more homers from their bench.  A quick search by me confirms 50 from the starting 3 would be at least average, if not more.  Team like the Guardians, Red Sox and Tigers got an embarrassing low total from their outfielders.

52 minutes ago, fathom said:

How is Jansen mediocre?  Huge power last year.  15 homers in 248 at bats last year makes him look like Mike Piazza on the Sox.

Jansen can't stay healthy. He had 2 separate hamstring injuries in 2021. We might as well pencil him in for 2 months on the IL if he gets traded here. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So I would then also assume in true Sox fashion all three outfielders won’t stay healthy all year and then will get 10-20 more homers from their bench.  A quick search by me confirms 50 from the starting 3 would be at least average, if not more.  Team like the Guardians, Red Sox and Tigers got an embarrassing low total from their outfielders.

But you're counting 25 from Robert which he isn't going to get to if the bench has to play 250 plate appearances for him. 

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Even the replies are insinuating this could be 5 years.. eek

Welcome to this off season, where even the trash players are getting paid.  The good ones are killing it.  I  mean based on this a 5/75 might have to happen to win against these other teams.

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

5 years for Beni doesn't scare me.  I'd be surprised if it didn't scare the Sox though.  But desperate times and all.

He's a high floor low ceiling type of guy. I'd bet he never eclipses 3 WAR the next 5 years. But I also doubt he would go under 1.5 WAR unless he's hurt for most of the year. If you're paying him $15 million for 5 years, you're basically betting on him being worth 10 WAR for the next 5 years. That's not a high bar to clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greek-konerko said:

Kepler trade coming?

Almost certainly now.  But even so, still a strange fit.  2/3rd of their OF is now full and they need to give Larnach near everyday at bats.  Kiriloff too.  He can play some 1B.  But also have Garlick and Wallner.  Just a strange fit.  

21 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Kap's 48 hrs. is officially up at what time tomorrow ? Probably before 5 PM Chicago time.

21 hours ago, hi8is said:

I don’t know if I’m Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dumb… I identify with both. 🤔

What time was the Jesse Roger's tweet that it was official ? 4 PM ? Kap got it right .

• Like 1