Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Greek-konerko said:

Trade Liam,get a 2ndbaseman and a catcher that can throw and actually catch and call it an off-season 

What are you hearing bro?

I read they might go internal for 2B, but imo they need another impact LH bat. I expect Liam to be traded for Jansen but I want them to get Busch from LAD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This is a very fair and honest take.  Benintendi is not a perfect fit for us, but at the same time he does add much needed lineup balance and fills a massive hole with 2+ win production.  In terms of free agency, the only player available at the moment I think would have been a better singing was Conforto and he comes with more risk plus you have the Boras factor that could drag things out.

I’m not doing cartwheels in the streets over this and I definitely wish our LF was more of a power bat, but this move makes us better and we still have our prospect currency to make another move to enhance the offense.

It’s true this is the best of the situation, just obnoxious the solution is always “well sort the free agent list by left field and see who we can sign”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

Trade Liam,get a 2ndbaseman and a catcher that can throw and actually catch and call it an off-season 

I still would like them to sign a SP that is a decent enough swing man. Can not rely on Lynn, Giolito, Kopech to be healthy all season. And we saw what happened when they weren't and we starting guys like Velasquez, Martin, etc. (Lopez was solid as a spot starter, but depending on what happens with Liam he might be closing).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I still would like them to sign a SP that is a decent enough swing man. Can not rely on Lynn, Giolito, Kopech to be healthy all season. And we saw what happened when they weren't and we starting guys like Velasquez, Martin, etc. (Lopez was solid as a spot starter, but depending on what happens with Liam he might be closing).

They’ve always liked Garrett Richards.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’ve always liked Garrett Richards.

I’ll never stop believing that Aaron Sanchez will be good. He’ll be like 50 and I’ll want to sign him. He’s my new folty, who was my new Danny Salazar, who was my new Henderson Alvarez 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m just not sure how they get another starter with a major league deal on the roster. The 13/13 rule is tough. 

They can’t. But they should target some backend SP depth with options in any trades they may make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No and I think the front office soured on Madrigal pretty quickly once he entered the organization and Hostetler lost influence.  As such, I doubt they would ever bring him back.  Sounds like he’s a weird clubhouse guy too.

TLR was a weird clubhouse guy and we brought him back.🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So is the message to Eloy you’re now pretty much a full time DH, or is Eloy on his way out? 

He was basically a DH when he returned so can’t be a shock to him. And he raked. 

54 out of 84 games at DH.

• Like 1