Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M

Chicago White Sox

I would go

1. Anderson 2. Benintendi 3. Robert 4. Eloy 5. Moncada 6. Vaughn 7. Colas 8. Grandal/Seby 9. Sosa/Romy/Leury or if all else fails, eventually Popeye.

Bench is Seby, Leury, Romy,  Sheets? Romy/Leury can both be back up OF.  Or trade Sheets and have a real back up CF.

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Nice. 

I'm mystified that we can't afford anything one minute but somehow are prolly gonna shell out 4/70 or something in that area the next second. Either they have something lined up already to shed payroll or someone persuaded JR to ease up a bit.

We know KW loved this kid going back to the draft and PG prolly also gave him a stamp of approval I assume from KC.

His stats vs ALC are very good. 

The payroll was always going to be in the $190M range.  Just a fan base that likes to get up in arms about anything.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Benny's been above 2 WAR twice in 5 full seasons. Gallo's been above 2 WAR 4 times in 5 full seasons. I think people are putting far too much weight on what happened last year when projecting forward for guys that are still in their respective primes, but oh well.

Hopefully the Sox get Benny done because OF is looking bleak right now outside of him.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Signing Benintendi
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to Jesse Rogers: Sox Sign Benintendi - 5yr / $75M
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic