RUMOR: White Sox interested in Adam Duvall

All of the foodies followed this guy in the last few minutes since it was posted here.  Safe to say they are all listed in the "recently browsing" at the bottom of this page.  Just wanted to say hi to you douchebag(s).

Also, I noticed a fake insider tell:  When they also list the reasons why a team would be in on a player after dropping the scoop.  It is like they can't help themselves from explaining what led them to making this guess.  

It is sad, this is a decent idea, and the connection makes sense, just tweet that.  Why add the fake insider bs?

Edited by GREEDY
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Hawk 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m pretty sure this Steve guy is a fraud and the timing of this rumor is awfully suspect given we were just talking about him in another thread, but I’d be very excited about his addition.  He is an ideal 4th OF.

Yeah it would shock no one if they were looking to sign him (or any other potential right-handed hitting 4th OF option) but I doubt this guys knows anything.

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Good D, power, cheap-ish. Bridge to colas plus protection for injuries. Easy to see him getting 120 starts

Plotting where 140 games max for allocation purposes to provide for rest and minor injuries.

Best case scenario w no trades FA only (health/performance):

• C (Split TBD) Grandal & Zavala
  • 1B Vaughn (130) Burger (32)
  • 2B Segura (130) Leury (32)
  • 3B Moncada (135) Burger (27)
  • SS Anderson (140) Leury (22)
  • LF Benintendi (140) Duval (22)
  • CF Robert (140) Colas (22)
  • RF Colas (100) Duval (62)
  • DH Jimenez (140) + Vaughn (5) + Moncada (5) + Rotating Misc Rest Days for others (12).

- Leury’s OF is limited to emergency injury and late game blowout substitution. 
- Duval or Conforto provide insurance for Colas struggles, provides ML level quality rest for player who never played an 162 game season.

- Insurance for injury prone Eloy & Robert.

- Conforto a bigger upgrade, would play more games, but that would translate into better overall team production.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Plotting where 140 games max for allocation purposes to provide for rest and minor injuries.

Best case scenario w no trades FA only (health/performance):

• C (Split TBD) Grandal & Zavala
  • 1B Vaughn (130) Burger (32)
  • 2B Segura (130) Leury (32)
  • 3B Moncada (135) Burger (27)
  • SS Anderson (140) Leury (22)
  • LF Benintendi (140) Duval (22)
  • CF Robert (140) Colas (22)
  • RF Colas (100) Duval (62)
  • DH Jimenez (140) + Vaughn (5) + Moncada (5) + Rotating Misc Rest Days for others (12).

- Leury’s OF is limited to emergency injury and late game blowout substitution. 
- Duval or Conforto provide insurance for Colas struggles, provides ML level quality rest for player who never played an 162 game season.

- Insurance for injury prone Eloy & Robert.

- Conforto a bigger upgrade, would play more games, but that would translate into better overall team production.

we don't have the mnoney for conforto OR segura.. I'm not even certain we have the money for Duvall lol

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

we don't have the mnoney for conforto OR segura.. I'm not even certain we have the money for Duvall lol

Duvall probably signs for $5-6 million. If they can dump Kelly's contract they can probably get him. More likely than not, the team will have a hole at 2B to start the season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Duvall probably signs for $5-6 million. If they can dump Kelly's contract they can probably get him. More likely than not, the team will have a hole at 2B to start the season. 

I'm fine running 2B with the young guys. If Duvall was 6-8 million, and we were able to dump Kelly's 9.  Spending that on Duvall and then the remainder on a BP guy would be a much better use of resources than just keeping Kelly.

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I'm fine running 2B with the young guys. If Duvall was 6-8 million, and we were able to dump Kelly's 9.  Spending that on Duvall and then the remainder on a BP guy would be a much better use of resources than just keeping Kelly.

Im good with that too. Would see what full Time Romy could do. Wouldn't mind Andrus on a one yr 1 option deal either. That's if the price is right

54 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I see he played CF in 2022, but is Duvall still capable of holding down CF for any kind of extended time? That would be the only thing that worries me as we are another Robert injury away from having Luery/Billy Hamilton as our starting CF. 

Yes he played 44 games in CF , 35 in LF and 11 in RF. His OAA was 4 in CF so very nice because still has speed, good arm , very good jumps .Everything in the red on his Baseball Savant page.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1