RUMOR: White Sox interested in Adam Duvall

To me I understand the reasoning for filling holes and adding depth. The superstars on this team are homegrown. They are Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn and Robert for the position players. All at one point were top 10 prospects and have shown at one point in their careers the significant upside. 

However, If they can't stay healthy or underperform the team will never do anything. I really feel like its up to them to perform or were never going to achieve the hopeful goals. Bringing in a Trea Turner or Bogearts doesn't really change that fact. I would feel the same way. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Not sure about that considering his numbers last year. 672 ops last year. Similar numbers to Pollock

We can argue all day about the merits and cost of a 4th  OF. It's either pay for a vet or go with unproven youth or pay a guy $25M per year and pretend that means that we won't need a backup . Same applies to  2nd base. People don't even want to trust Colas as the starter. We are all never going to agree but at least it beats talk wishing the owner would die .

42 minutes ago, kwill said:

To me I understand the reasoning for filling holes and adding depth. The superstars on this team are homegrown. They are Eloy, Moncada, Vaughn and Robert for the position players. All at one point were top 10 prospects and have shown at one point in their careers the significant upside. 

However, If they can't stay healthy or underperform the team will never do anything. I really feel like its up to them to perform or were never going to achieve the hopeful goals. Bringing in a Trea Turner or Bogearts doesn't really change that fact. I would feel the same way. 

That’s why a lot of us didn’t think it made sense to totally blow it up this off-season. They will live and die by this core. They made that investment 3-4 years ago in these guys and said Anderson-Eloy-Moncada-Robert are the guys, they will live and die with those core players. Obviously 3/4 haven’t lived up to the billing at this point…and here we are. 

1 hour ago, kwill said:

I see superstars is a very loose word. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I see superstars is a very loose word. 

Ha that's for sure. I wouldn't evn call most of them stars.

None of them has as yet managed to stay on the field long enough or perform well enough . Anderson is the only one I would say reached star status. Vaughn hasn't even got close to replacement level.

1 hour ago, kwill said:

With good health and the players you mention playing up to potential...this team can be wicked.  I hope we have a Spring Training where the fundamentals are worked on every day.  I have a great feeling about our new manager and coaches.

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

Soooo is this a legit rumor or is someone running with another foodie idea stolen from another thread here?

After everyone gets done blasting the foodies the talk eventually comes around to legit discussion . The talk is basically centered around how the foodies read Soxtalk then run with the ideas and present them as truth by saying there have been actual talks between the parties.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

After everyone gets done blasting the foodies the talk eventually comes around to legit discussion . The talk is basically centered around how the foodies read Soxtalk then run with the ideas and present them as truth by saying there have been actual talks between the parties.

Well that’s exactly what I’m asking, is this a legit rumor or speculation on this board  that’s turned into a foodie “scoop”

Edited by Vote4Pedro

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

With good health and the players you mention playing up to potential...this team can be wicked.  I hope we have a Spring Training where the fundamentals are worked on every day.  I have a great feeling about our new manager and coaches.

Nice to see 3/4 of the “core” won’t be there (TA, Yoan, and Bobert). 

13 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Would prefer Conforto, but this is better than the current roster.

10D + Cleavager + Duvall + Segura + #3 SP =  Legitimate hope in 2023.

They don’t need another LHH OFer. They needed a right handed hitter there. 

I barely post, I am more of an observer. but right now I cant sleep… blah blah blah.
I couldn't stop thinking about what the White Sox and they can still easily improve. Im just a fan, a big fan that is slowly losing hope in this group. But still has high hopes.

F*$CKing forget about TLR and Abreu and lets move Forward!

What If….

I try to stray far from Unrealistic signing and Trade discussions. I also don't pay too much attention to Salary Caps. But What If Jerry can open the checkbook just a little more and Sign Adam Duvall to a one year 6Mil Contract to Bridge Colas and also potentially Platoon when needed. He can fill every OF hole and Also Play 1B.

Then Sign Brandon Drury 2 Years/20 Million. Can play every infield Position and Also has enough Power to slipn into the DH slot. 

Anderson SS

Benintendi *LF

Robert CF

Jimenez DH

Moncada *3B

Drury 2B

Vaughn 1B

Duvall/Colas RF

Grandal/Perez C

I would be more than ok with that. 

4 hours ago, PopDemolition2020 said:

I barely post, I am more of an observer. but right now I cant sleep… blah blah blah.
I couldn't stop thinking about what the White Sox and they can still easily improve. Im just a fan, a big fan that is slowly losing hope in this group. But still has high hopes.

F*$CKing forget about TLR and Abreu and lets move Forward!

What If….

I try to stray far from Unrealistic signing and Trade discussions. I also don't pay too much attention to Salary Caps. But What If Jerry can open the checkbook just a little more and Sign Adam Duvall to a one year 6Mil Contract to Bridge Colas and also potentially Platoon when needed. He can fill every OF hole and Also Play 1B.

Then Sign Brandon Drury 2 Years/20 Million. Can play every infield Position and Also has enough Power to slipn into the DH slot. 

Anderson SS

Benintendi *LF

Robert CF

Jimenez DH

Moncada *3B

Drury 2B

Vaughn 1B

Duvall/Colas RF

Grandal/Perez C

I would be more than ok with that. 

Get some rest my fellow Sox fan. 

5 hours ago, PopDemolition2020 said:

Sign Adam Duvall to a one year 6Mil 

Then Sign Brandon Drury 2 Years/20 Million. 

I would love both moves, Duvall's defense is so tempting after watching this group last year, but I have the feeling the Sox will begin the season with scrap heap (Reyes/Andrus) or in-house fillers and shop for guys of this ilk at the deadline if necessary.  

You can buy the Duvalls and Druys in July that are having mediocre campaigns for just the money due, and you can pickup hot hand overachievers for fringe prospects + the money.