It's time to spend the money: Sign Wacha

vilehoopster

Clevenger is dead to the Sox. There's a real possibility (I would say a very good probability) that the Sox won't be paying much of his salary due to MLB suspension. 

We were told over and over the money would be spent. We're in the window, NOW; I absolutely believe that now is the time. I don' t want any "sitting at the table" BS. Sign this guy. 

Here is an absolute need. The Sox can't really compete for anything with Martin or Banks as their 5th pitcher. 

I just read Wacha wants 30 million for two years, pay it  Get this guy. 

Signing him would turn a terrible off-season into a very solid one. 

I was listening to the Chuck G. podcast and it was talked around, but it was brought up about how, due to fan anger and indifference, it was probably a good thing there was no Sox Fest this year. 

This would buy so much excitement and hope for the Sox fan base. It would really get a buzz going as spring training approaches. 

Come on, the money is there. You told us when the time came, you would spend the money. The time is here; it's now. SPEND THE MONEY!

The vast majority of DV suspensions have been less than 80 games and as low as ten. Considering there is no police report and only apparent evidence is a couple photos of scratches, and that Clevinger denies it, he is most likely going to get a lesser suspension. With Bauer there was a cracked skull, medical records, police report and a virtual admission by Bauer, albeit claiming she asked for it. Dyson’s year long suspension involved rape. Unless something is missing, MLB doesn’t appear to have grounds for a longer than average suspension. If you look at the other cases the average is around 50-60 games. So it might save the Sox a few million. At any rate, no reason to believe the Sox will be off the hook, based on past cases.

Uh, the time to spend the money was in November and December when there were real impact players on the market. They went quasi-cheap bounce back option again and got totally burned signing a garbage human instead of the normal garbage player.  They s%*# themselves and now just have to sit in it.  It’s honestly what they deserve, and throwing more money at bad won’t solve anything. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

What are we talking about here, $30million a year? total? 

Anyway wacha probably will be bad, it's obnoxious if they do sign him that it points once again to how inefficiently and risky they spend their money all while believing they are the most prudent.

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

Anyway wacha probably will be bad, it's obnoxious if they do sign him that it points once again to how inefficiently and risky they spend their money all while believing they are the most prudent.

From what I've seen he wants a two year deal worth 30 million.

13 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

The vast majority of DV suspensions have been less than 80 games and as low as ten. Considering there is no police report and only apparent evidence is a couple photos of scratches, and that Clevinger denies it, he is most likely going to get a lesser suspension. With Bauer there was a cracked skull, medical records, police report and a virtual admission by Bauer, albeit claiming she asked for it. Dyson’s year long suspension involved rape. Unless something is missing, MLB doesn’t appear to have grounds for a longer than average suspension. If you look at the other cases the average is around 50-60 games. So it might save the Sox a few million. At any rate, no reason to believe the Sox will be off the hook, based on past cases.

CT scans in court documents proved the cracked skull claim to be false.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

The rumor was he was asking for 2 years and $30 million total, which is just a little higher than what Quintana got. It's a bit high for him but not vomit enduringly high compared to the market the rest of the offseason. If another pitcher or two get hurt before March, he'll probably have enough interest to get close to that. It wouldn't be unreasonable for the White Sox to sign him today for close to that, but we know why they might not do so. 

17 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Clevenger is dead to the Sox. There's a real possibility (I would say a very good probability) that the Sox won't be paying much of his salary due to MLB suspension. 

We were told over and over the money would be spent. We're in the window, NOW; I absolutely believe that now is the time. I don' t want any "sitting at the table" BS. Sign this guy. 

Here is an absolute need. The Sox can't really compete for anything with Martin or Banks as their 5th pitcher. 

I just read Wacha wants 30 million for two years, pay it  Get this guy. 

Signing him would turn a terrible off-season into a very solid one. 

I was listening to the Chuck G. podcast and it was talked around, but it was brought up about how, due to fan anger and indifference, it was probably a good thing there was no Sox Fest this year. 

This would buy so much excitement and hope for the Sox fan base. It would really get a buzz going as spring training approaches. 

Come on, the money is there. You told us when the time came, you would spend the money. The time is here; it's now. SPEND THE MONEY!

Request denied

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The rumor was he was asking for 2 years and $30 million total, which is just a little higher than what Quintana got. It's a bit high for him but not vomit enduringly high compared to the market the rest of the offseason. If another pitcher or two get hurt before March, he'll probably have enough interest to get close to that. It wouldn't be unreasonable for the White Sox to sign him today for close to that, but we know why they might not do so. 

I guess on further review, you may be right. I was thinking Q and Anderson among a a couple others, but it would be debatable. Still if he was going to get that I’d think he would have already signed

1 hour ago, JoeCredeYes said:

CT scans in court documents proved the cracked skull claim to be false.

I wasn’t aware of that. Still the apparent damage existed to where the scan was called for due to original diagnosis. There is nothing like that in Clevinger’s case.

If Clevinger is suspended for say sixty games does anyone honestly believe JR is just going to eat that money. I don’t