2023-24 NFL Season Thread

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That’s what Brad Biggs reported on The Score.

I think he is - I also think they have flexibility to get someone like Connor Williams now that they have Bates (ie let him start and than you move to someone else later).  But I expect they will priortize Dline and Wideout in FA next.  

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The mileage is also very low from all his injuries.

I don't think having low mileage due to being injury-prone is necessarily a good thing. 

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Greenard gets 4 and $76 mil, $42 guaranteed. Hunter is gonna get $100 mil, easy. 

My hope is Hunter allows you on a shorter term deal.  When I say that - I mean more flexible to drop after say 3 years, but he is going to get 25M AAV.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't think having low mileage due to being injury-prone is necessarily a good thing. 

He stayed healthy all of last year.  Personally, I’d rather gamble on the RB who has been nicked up a bit in the past moreso than a guy with a ton of mileage.  RBs are notorious for suddenly falling off a cliff and I don’t envision that for Swift at least like some of these other FA options.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just think Swift is not a smart ballplayer.

But whatever. Poles has a quota of one move i hate every fa period.

They obviously want Caleb to have multiple pass catching options to succeed but I’m not a fan of overpaying RBs over drafting them in later rounds.

Swift is pretty stupid.  He thinks he can turn any carry into a positive gain.  I can’t remember which game it was but rather than going down for no gain, he kept running backwards on a blitz thinking he was going to turn the corner on the defense on both sidelines and ended up with a 15 yard loss.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Wow - Wilkins got paid. I really wonder what Raider(s) do at QB.  Maybe him and Getsy end up reuniting for the right price - if they are going to spend all that money on Wilkins they need to do something at QB.

I am curious if Bears will break the bank on Hunter - he's going to get paid big time.  But you kind of have to pay up if you want to get a difference maker like that in FA.  

26 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

They obviously want Caleb to have multiple pass catching options to succeed but I’m not a fan of overpaying RBs over drafting them in later rounds.

Swift is pretty stupid.  He thinks he can turn any carry into a positive gain.  I can’t remember which game it was but rather than going down for no gain, he kept running backwards on a blitz thinking he was going to turn the corner on the defense on both sidelines and ended up with a 15 yard loss.

If Bears had 7 or 8 picks - I maybe would care more. But Swift was a 2nd round pick and Bears are basically buying that for 8M per year for next 2 years (3rd year you can walk away from basically).  The Bears absolutely have luxury of doing that vs. using a 4th rounder or something on a RB this year (they don't have the luxury of doing that). And I like Swift at 8M vs. paying some mediocre guy 2-3M per as a FA.  

I also like having a legit pass catcher at RB. But damn did Wilkins get paid - 27.5M per year AAV.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Wow - Wilkins got paid. I really wonder what Raider(s) do at QB.  Maybe him and Getsy end up reuniting for the right price - if they are going to spend all that money on Wilkins they need to do something at QB.

I am curious if Bears will break the bank on Hunter - he's going to get paid big time.  But you kind of have to pay up if you want to get a difference maker like that in FA.  

Supposedly Hunter and Denver are working on a deal

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Cousins to Falcons - 4yr deal.  So Vikings & Raiders are most likely options.  Broncos, Pats, Seahawks, Giants, and Titans are maybe some random wildcards.  

I think there is zero chance the Raiders trade for Fields.  Vikings are tough because of being in the same division.  Unfortunately, ATL & PIT were the best options on paper and they have moved on.

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think there is zero chance the Raiders trade for Fields.  Vikings are tough because of being in the same division.  Unfortunately, ATL & PIT were the best options on paper and they have moved on.

Said it before, but if you have made the determination that you are upgrading at QB by selecting Williams, then trading a worse QB within your division shouldn't be a concern to the Bears

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1