Jose Abreu Article Sun Times

palehose1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

If these guys were all "run off" they seemed ok with it. For an organization that is deemed to treat their players like garbage they seem to have a relationship with them if they desire after their playing days.

Harold Baines and Frank Thomas could be the top of this list and JR somehow got Baines into the HOF.

Now that I think of it maybe that was how LaRussa got the managerial job 

harold baines had his number retired 2 weeks after he  was traded in the middle of a rebuild. and played 12 more years in the league.

lay off the crack. 

my comment was about an anti union owner. not whatever your brain drooping was.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, ewokpelts said:

harold baines had his number retired 2 weeks after he  was traded in the middle of a rebuild. and played 12 more years in the league.

lay off the crack. 

my comment was about an anti union owner. not whatever your brain drooping was.

My point was to the original poster that what appears to be a team driving away players they seem to come back to the organization.  Abreu left and maybe we will never seem him again but we may.  

I'm not exactly sure I agree with your union busting idea but I can assure you JR is not happy with the last major contract he handed out (albeit through the Bulls).

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Tim Anderson today told DVS of the Sun-Times he agreed with what Jose said about last year's club.

The question is how to fix those divides in the clubhouse that we all know about right now.

An outsider like Andrus?  Cueto obviously couldn't change things by himself...

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He seems to be getting a pass for his injuries/time off the field and all those self-created personal issues as well.

By about half the fanbase, that is.

He was the kindest player at spring training the day I was there too. Why try and pick a fight and not appreciate Tim is one of the better hitters and shortstops to play and brings a ton of energy. 

I hope he kills it this year and we are talking about Tim for MVP. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He was the kindest player at spring training the day I was there too. Why try and pick a fight and not appreciate Tim is one of the better hitters and shortstops to play and brings a ton of energy. 

I hope he kills it this year and we are talking about Tim for MVP. 

I hoped he received a $225 million extension the day he hit that walkoff in the FoD game into that cornfield.

Favorite player other than Tatis Jr., peak Puig in 2013-15 and Roberto Clemente.

OBP and concentration issues in the field will always fuel the fire for detractors...and not hitting 20-25 homers but instead focusing on batting average.

He could legitimately put up 25/25 seasons the next 2-3 years...and do it quite easily.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1