3/30 OPENING DAY GT: Sox @ Astros (Cease v Valdez) 6PM ESPN

Buehrle>Wood

21 hours ago, gusguyman said:

Thank you for using this correctly. For whatever reason, I've seen a bunch of people this year (not here) saying things like "Hope springs eternal in the spring!" The pun is already built in guys, that's the point. We aren't quoting a 300 year old poem because we are super into enlightenment era philosophy. 

I do take grammar pretty seriously, so thanks for noticing.  Another Bay Area Sox fan?!?!  I thought I was the only one, hit me up if you ever want to catch a game or something, I'm in Walnut Creek.  

31 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Hopefully Reynaldo learned a lesson there. Better throw it 59 feet against Alvarez

In that spot if he does, Alvarez is on first if he swings with a drop third strike. As Bart Simpson likes to day, damned if you do, damned if you don't if he bounces it nad gets the swing.  See Bummer, Aaron

28 minutes ago, Quin said:

You are never allowed to complain about Fernando Tatis Jr. in the future.

The person that called Tatis becoming an uber prospect on the moment the trade was made? Go look for receipts on that one. I was half joking but it's still funny. I will complain about that one forever.

I'm pretty sure Alvarez is worse than Eloy in the field, if that's possible.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

The person that called Tatis becoming an uber prospect on the moment the trade was made? Go look for receipts on that one. I was half joking but it's still funny. I will complain about that one forever.

I'm pretty sure Alvarez is worse than Eloy in the field, if that's possible.  

Neither Tatis nor Alvarez had played a game for either org when either trade was made.

Keith Law began calling Tatis an uber prospect later on, but not the moment the trade was made. Most people were just mad that the Sox gave up a lotto ticket to lower the price on James Shields.

19 minutes ago, Quin said:

Neither Tatis nor Alvarez had played a game for either org when either trade was made.

Keith Law began calling Tatis an uber prospect later on, but not the moment the trade was made. Most people were just mad that the Sox gave up a lotto ticket to lower the price on James Shields.

My literal reaction to the trade, the day it was made:

Watch Tatis become an uber prospect and Shields become Danks. Because White Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman