GT: 4/1 | Sox (1-1) @ Astros (1-1) | Giolito vs. Urquidy

Eminor3rd

1 hour ago, soxrwhite said:

Robert is saving us in the field. Killing us at the plate. 

Vaughn is hitting but cant play defense.

I think Robert and Benny need to drop in the batting order, and Vaughn Moncada need to move up.

Realizing that Robert is not leading us anywhere. He is not into it. 

2 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

Robert is saving us in the field. Killing us at the plate. 

Vaughn is hitting but cant play defense.

I think Robert and Benny need to drop in the batting order, and Vaughn Moncada need to move up.

Vaughn is hitting .143. Lets not move him anywhere this early. 

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Which games will they win and which will they lose? Since you have a crystal ball, I’m gonna utilize it to make a fortune.

I’ll make it simple… good teams they’ll lose, mediocre/bad teams they win. Perfectly balanced as all things should be. 

Not that mad cause Houston is light years better than the Sox, but the Sox weaknesses are going to make them non contenders in the division. The bullpen is insanely awful. 

I guess the lineup still could be extremely productive in home games. We shall see. Losing 3 of 4 to Houston, however, is so White Sox.

They’ve looked competitive and the problems look fixable. Im really not worried about the hitters this early, and errors happen. Was glad to see Giolito get it together and gut it out. I’m glad some of these issues are coming up now so Grifol can address them. I can’t explain it, but I’m actually optimistic with what I’ve seen, although I fully admit I might be fooling myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

They’ve looked competitive and the problems look fixable. Im really not worried about the hitters this early, and errors happen. Was glad to see Giolito get it together and gut it out. I’m glad some of these issues are coming up now so Grifol can address them. I can’t explain it, but I’m actually optimistic with what I’ve seen, although I fully admit I might be fooling myself. 

Main improvements this season so far, besides no TLR,  is that we finally have a running game activated, more lefty position players, and better OF defense. Some issues still linger from last season: lack of clutch hitting, mediocre bullpen, impatient hitters that won’t take a walk.

9 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m excited to see how the ball is jumping off his bat. Now if they want to cut bait after this year when his salary skyrockets, that’s a whole different argument that we have a long time to discuss.

And his 3B defense is superior.  Would you replace him at 3 rd with Jake Burger who is a sieve?  Take my chances with Yoan.

Only 3 games in and some positive signs and some negative signs. But they have been at least competitive against the WS Champs from last season. My biggest worry is that the bullpen has not looked good at all in the last 2 days and if that continues it will be a long season!

A 1-2 start could have been 2-1 but equally could have been 0-3 if the opening day comeback hadn't happened. But it is important to try not to start 1-3 as they would already be chasing and confidence at the beginning of this season  will be important.