Was Kopech absolute garbage all last year and I just didn't notice? Pitchers get shelled on occasion. It happens.

I'm just surprised so many are absolutely done with him and want Davis Martin up already... Kopech still has dominant stuff. 

Edited by ron883

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Honestly he has to be tipping his pitches.  

That 83 mph slider on the inner half would be hit out by most college players.  His command has never been good enough to get by with average stuff.

Tipping? Why would you think that?

His fastball has been average, and EVERY offspeed pitch is churning right down the middle. Don't really have to be tipping, when those 2 things are both true. Neither type of pitch is challenging to hit.

Just now, ron883 said:

Was Kopech absolute garbage all last year and I just didn't notice? Pitchers get shelled on occasion. It happens.

I'm just surprised so many are absolutely done with him and want Davis Martin up already... Kopech still has dominant stuff. 

What dominant stuff does he have?  And after the knee issues, his stuff deteriorated to this point.

• Like 2

Just now, ron883 said:

Was Kopech absolute garbage all last year and I just didn't notice? Pitchers get absolutely shelled on occasion.

The stuff drop off between the first inning and the rest of the game was pretty apparent.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

No he was pretty damn amazing his 1st, I dunno, 10 starts or so.

Just now, chw42 said:

The stuff drop off between the first inning and the rest of the game was pretty apparent.

Remember how great his stuff looked in ST the game he was supposed to go one inning, and then he looked awful in the games he was expected to go multiple innings.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That 83 mph slider on the inner half would be hit out by most college players.  His command has never been good enough to get by with average stuff.

Yeah but they're just sitting back like they know it's coming.  I can't imagine everyone being that confident and taking that good of swings off him.

• Like 2