4/10- Sox at Twins, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Feels like he's gotten substantially slower the last 2 years. 

He was 38 percentile in sprint speed in 2021. Now he's just 15 percentile. 

I wonder if Vaughn would have any shot winning one of those giant sausage races they have in Milwaukee

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And that’s where I wonder where the power will come from?  He’s completely maxed out physically.

Optimizing his batted ball mix even a little bit will cause him to tap into more power. I think the Sox rushing him really hindered his development in terms of plate discipline and power.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

And that’s where I wonder where the power will come from?  He’s completely maxed out physically.

Really frustrating that the Sox used 2 very high picks on players with little athleticism. 

• Like 2

Just now, ron883 said:

Really frustrating that the Sox used 2 very high picks on players with little athleticism. 

They tried to be the anti-KW in terms of drafting and it bit them in the ass. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I'd be more ok with the Crochet pick if they wouldn't have rushed him to the pen and actually let him start in the minors, but Burger/Madrigal/Vaughn during the tank years were terrible picks. 

Just now, baseballgalaly said:

I'd be more ok with the Crochet pick if they wouldn't have rushed him to the pen and actually let him start in the minors, but Burger/Madrigal/Vaughn during the tank years were terrible picks. 

Burger wasn't really from a tank year since the team was mediocre in 16 and still trying to win. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's still too early to declare the AV pick a mistake. If you could use a time machine to select Corbin Carroll, sure, but he wasn't in the mix for teams that high in the draft.

17 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I like how Soxtalk has decided a guy in the top 10% hard hit rate last year in his first full big league season, that currently has an OPS+ of 131 and isn't in the field today is a terrible pick and player.  

Edited by JoeCredeYes
mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I like how Soxtalk has decided a guy in the top 10% hard hit rate last year in his first full big league season, that currently has an OPS+ of 131 and isn't in the lineup today is a terrible pick and player.  

Sure, because you don’t waste that high of a pick of college 1B.

• Like 1