4/10- Sox at Twins, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I didn't like the signing (my avatar was Joey Gallo in a Sox hat for like 8 months) but still agreed with all of this. People are spending way too much time fixating on Bentendi's contract when he's the 172nd highest paid player in baseball this year.

Well when you put it that way...

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I didn't like the signing (my avatar was Joey Gallo in a Sox hat for like 8 months) but still agreed with all of this. People are spending way too much time fixating on Bentendi's contract when he's the 172nd highest paid player in baseball this year.

The problem isnt him compared to baseball, its him compared to how his contract will effect the White Sox.

Hes going to have to hit for avg with a high OBP and decent LF to make it work for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Benintendi might be boring, and it hasn't been a great start in very SSS, but the deal is fine. $15M AAV isnt exactly superstar money 2023-2027, he adds lineup balance, OBP and is a solid OF.  He solves alot of problems.  But he isn't some star and Sox fans need to realize that. 

You haven't been a Sox fan long enough to realize $15M /yr basically handcuffs this team (by their own choice) from doing other things down the line.   It's a Reindorf poison pill. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Fans need to separate Benintendi's contract from the fact that it's the Sox largest ever.  $15M for a player like him is totally fine, but because he's the big dollar off-season acquisition, unnecessary expectation gets placed upon him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Fans need to separate Benintendi's contract from the fact that it's the Sox largest ever.  $15M for a player like him is totally fine, but because he's the big dollar off-season acquisition, unnecessary expectation gets placed upon him.

For me when I say it its less an indictment of the contract itself than of the organization.

• Like 3