Burger Hype Thread

caulfield12

22 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I was thinking Chris Pratt 

Yeah, Jake's better looking than those two.

Dennis Quaid too old now.

Also, let's not start the Burger to RF for Colas because "he has an average MLB 3B arm" train quite yet...

We have to injure Jimenez or Sheets out there first.  Sheets almost permanently corkscrewed himself into the turf in Houston trying to turn around on a dime after misreading a fly ball and attempting to adjust his route (reminiscent of the broken ankles resulting in the NBA from trying to guard Chef Curry.)

Can't imagine how many bases will be surrendered with Leury and/or Benintendi playing RF with those two arms.

https://www.mlb.com/news/jake-burger-hits-hardest-white-sox-homer-tracked-by-statcast

The YERMINATOR BURGER...HE/IT GONE FROM THE MENU!!!

"That exit velocity gave Burger the hardest-hit White Sox home run since Statcast began tracking in 2015, and it ranks second in Major League Baseball this season, trailing only Atlanta’s Matt Olson, whose home run on April 11 off Cincinnati's Luis Cessa had an exit velocity of 118.6 mph. Burger also has the sixth-highest exit velocity at 116.5 mph, on his double against the Giants’ Alex Wood on April 6.

There appears to be a new celebratory handshake with shortstop Elvis Andrus added into the home run equation, which ends with the two taking a bite of an imaginary hamburger."

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, Jake's better looking than those two.

Dennis Quaid too old now.

Also, let's not start the Burger to RF for Colas because "he has an average MLB 3B arm" train quite yet...

We have to injure Jimenez or Sheets out there first.  Sheets almost permanently corkscrewed himself into the turf in Houston trying to turn around on a dime after misreading a fly ball and attempting to adjust his route (reminiscent of the broken ankles resulting in the NBA from trying to guard Chef Curry.)

Can't imagine how many bases will be surrendered with Leury and/or Benintendi playing RF with those two arms.

I think you are the only one who mentioned it, twice. But I have mentioned LF in the past just so it would be good for his career to learn another position though. Figured couldn't hurt to learn it in the minors but not up here.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you are the only one who mentioned it, twice. But I have mentioned LF in the past just so it would be good for his career to learn another position though. Figured couldn't hurt to learn it in the minors but not up here.

We have seen it previously with Josh Fields, Dayan Viciedo, Mark Teahen...just off the top of my head.  (Then there was KW from CF to 3B, lol.)

Don't do it.  Leave him at 1B/DH.  

Jimenez one way or the other is going to prove that he can stay healthy ANY TIME he steps on the diamond.    Just really don't know HOW bad things will get returning to Sheets/Jimenez in the OF.    Probably should just leave Benintendi alone in LF.

No matter what, they're going to be running like wild on the outfield arms if Colas is out of the equation.   Can't afford a sub 600 hitter at a corner outfield spot, that much is obvious.

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/jake-burger-hits-hardest-white-sox-homer-tracked-by-statcast

The YERMINATOR BURGER...HE/IT GONE FROM THE MENU!!!

"That exit velocity gave Burger the hardest-hit White Sox home run since Statcast began tracking in 2015, and it ranks second in Major League Baseball this season, trailing only Atlanta’s Matt Olson, whose home run on April 11 off Cincinnati's Luis Cessa had an exit velocity of 118.6 mph. Burger also has the sixth-highest exit velocity at 116.5 mph, on his double against the Giants’ Alex Wood on April 6.

There appears to be a new celebratory handshake with shortstop Elvis Andrus added into the home run equation, which ends with the two taking a bite of an imaginary hamburger."

Jake's power in 10 games thus far equates to a SLG% of .962 and OPS% of .1329. I think a couple of games ago with the HR he hit vs. Bal, it was summed up best by Steve Stone when he said and I'm paraphrasing, "you don't often hear that loud type of loud bat sound, like you do when Jake hits a home run. 

Note to Pedro: Don't you  dare take Jake out of the lineup and please think smart Pedro and keep Jake 4th in the lineup and move Eloy further back until Eloy proves he hasn't lost his power and stroke and starts hitting for power. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play

1 hour ago, zisk said:

Jake "the Royal with cheese" Burger. Too bad Chris Berman is old now.

I prefer

Jake "Big Kahuna" Burger

Because 

1) That's the burger in that scene

2) It's just a badass nickname

Edited by Vacheron
  • Like 2
  • Love 1