4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07

flavum

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Vlad never signed an extension right at the start of his career, Eloy did. I think it has a little bit to do with it. When you are that young and you are already guaranteed a certain amount of money it has to effect the motivation 

to be fair, VGjr grew up with millionaire parents, he's had everything he's ever wanted probably

his dad definitely had a lot to do with his ability to hit baseballs though

1 minute ago, cuban_sammiches said:

This may be morbid but I think Jerry stopped caring after his son and wife passed. We really aren't going anywhere until he sells the team or dies.

Sox will be what the Blackhawks were until Dollar Bill died. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The whole Braves roster signed early extensions and they seem to be doing just fine. I'm very skeptical of that, to say the least.

At least Acuna already had a year (rookie of the year) before signing an extension. We just gave our guys extensions before they even played or barely played

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think it's different with front office types. Hahn and Kenny are his guys.

JR has probably broken the law numerous times as an owner and those 2 guys know where the bodies are buried so to speak. doubt their jobs will ever be in jeopardy

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

anderson signed one and he turned out fine. it's not the money, it's the coaching and ID'ing of true talent level long term. We can't do either except when we get lucky.

At least Anderson played in 100 games before signing his.

Eloy, Moncada, Robert were all considered top prospects by a hundred different publications. I am not saying the guarantee money is the reason they all have had issues but I think it is at least part of it. Guys like that who come from nowhere and get all this money before even doing anything meaningful at that young of an age has to mess with them a bit

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Major problem with this roster construction is going all-in on this core that hadn’t proven anything yet instead of continuing to add to that and taking advantage of adding better players while the core was cheap.

Too many DHs. RF and 2B and LH hitting . Amazing the fail after 2021. Hahn compounded that bad offseason with another awful one basically believing the only problem with his team was Tony LaRussa.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomtom said:

Berries is not the same pitcher as he was with the Twins, yet the Sox are making him look like that.  No offensive approach whatsoever.  They’ve mailed it in already.

He looked like he had the potential to be a star in years 2/3...just plateaued earlier like Giolito. 

Twins were right on the money trading him too early rather than too late. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The new hitting coaches haven’t made one bit of difference 

I think Menechinos stink is still on these guys. They all lost their power stroke, it's actually fucking insane tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1