GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 6:10 CT

Quin

Just now, fathom said:

pitch selection for Cease all season has been bad.  Not one fastball in that at bat.

If he doesn't trust his fastball to get outs...there's trouble here Sheree. 

Throwing leather all over the field on hard hit balls this inning and still barely in the game at this point. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He looks terrible against LHP.  

I don't know how you assess terrible in that particular AB. He's been riding the pine maybe getting drilled on taking more pitches. That particular AB wasn't a good AB to start taking pitches and the one he took for a looking K was 98 on the edge. Still probably not a great idea to put him in against a tough lefty like McClanahan.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't know how you assess terrible in that particular AB. He's been riding the pine maybe getting drilled on taking more pitches. That particular AB wasn't a good AB to start taking pitches and the one he took for a looking K was 98 on the edge. Still probably not a great idea to put him in against a tough lefty like McClanahan.

I’ve seen just about every at bat he’s had against them and he’s totally overmatched

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's not exactly killing righties either. Lots of soft contact. He's just been so swing happy and like all MLB swing happy players it's not helping him at all.

Hitting is also contagious. Everyone around you sucks, team sucks, harder for you to be good

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's not exactly killing righties either. Lots of soft contact. He's just been so swing happy and like all MLB swing happy players it's not helping him at all.

you don't see many free swinging GOOD players anymore in the MLB.  TA is the exception, seems like it's being exploited more the last two years than I've ever seen

all of our "core"  hitters are high OSwing% guys, all of them