GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 6:10 CT

Quin

Just now, Quin said:

You and your facts

But seriously, they are averaging under 17,000 so far this season as the best team in baseball.  Spin it all you want, that ain't too great.  Better than their usual numbers though....averaged around 14,000 last season.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

You and your facts

But seriously, they are averaging under 17,000 so far this season as the best team in baseball.  Spin it all you want, that ain't too great.  Better than their usual numbers though....averaged around 14,000 last season.

This exact convo played out in the replies, but I also get what you're saying.

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

This exact convo played out in the replies, but I also get what you're saying.

I just wish we were discussing attendance issues with a good team that was our own.  And that was fun, like we were sparring on Twitter. :cool:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Their stadium is in an awful location. I'm trying to think of a Chicago equivalent. Maybe if the Sox played near Midway airport or some s%*#. The stadium itself we all know about, arguably the worst in pro sports.

Should I take it off my list of roadtrips to plan (flying actually)?  I thought Tampa might be nice to visit??  Plus I hate crowds.

24 minutes ago, wegner said:

Should I take it off my list of roadtrips to plan (flying actually)?  I thought Tampa might be nice to visit??  Plus I hate crowds.

Tampa is a bit of a dump imo but Sarasota is awesome. I did a week on the beach there a few years ago as part of a family trip. Really enjoyed it and we went in the shoulder season in October and the weather was perfect and crowds not a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

Funny thing is he will end up top 5 in WAR this season for the Sox.  But yeah, this feels like the beginning of the end for his Sox career.

That’s like picking the top 5 tallest midgets at this point.

Edited by Bob Sacamano