Hahn has to be gone after that botched rundown

caulfield12

Most embarrassing play since...well, most of last season. 

But just emblematic of entire organization collapsing across the board... like that Gordon Beckham drop tumbling over the mound with Harrelson practically losing it on air. 

Kopech... a pitcher... the ONLY player to do the right thing there on the entire infield.  Running the base runner away from the next base and towards the bag, in this case, second. 

Almost no pride remaining. 

Somehow Kopech didn't completely implode into a crooked number... but just wow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • TLR 2

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So we're into picking out a bad play in one game ? I saw the highlights from the Angels game yesterday. They threw the ball all over the place. It's baseball. Seems like they got over it since the the Sox won 17-4.

I didn't pick it out after the game. Obviously they miraculously went on to win the game and score miraculous numbers of runs after Kopech almost came apart in the first mechanically... but how often can we expect a repeat of that with Eloy Moncada and Burger out of the lineup? 

Weren't we promised a fundamentally sounder club? 

I guess we're only trailing Minny by like seven games so all in?  Despite trailing three Central teams and not the usual 1-2? 

Trade off more young players for a genie in a bottle? 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

I didn't pick it out after the game. Obviously they miraculously went on to win the game and score miraculous numbers of runs after Kopech almost came apart in.the first... but how often can we expect a repeat of that with Eloy Moncada and Burger out of the lineup? 

Weren't we promised a fundamentally sounder club? 

I guess we're only trailing Minny by like seven games so all in?  Despite trailing three Central teams and not the usual 1-2? 

Trade off more young players for a genie in a bottle? 

I know you didn't pick it out after the game I saw the post was from 2 hours ago. Look you follow baseball, I just don't see the point or the connection between a botched rundown and Hahn needing to go. Hahn needing to go was established many years ago and baseball games are 9 innings not 1. Seasons are also 162 games not 35.

Things are bleak. I think we all get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know you didn't pick it out after the game I saw the post was from 2 hours ago. Look you follow baseball, I just don't see the point or the connection between a botched rundown and Hahn needing to go. Hahn needing to go was established many years ago and baseball games are 9 innings not 1. Seasons are also 162 games not 35.

Things are bleak. I think we all get it.

I know, I know...we should be happy just to have a major league franchise and a jersey/laundry to cheer for.

Just like politics, there's the majority of fans in the middle who don't even take the time to discuss their teams online, like ever...and then there's the extreme examples here at SoxTalk of fans that follow the team on a daily basis, with 90-95% of them being absolutely furious with the direction of the franchise.   Many simply can't believe what they're watching on an everyday basis.  It's just one thing after another.  If it was the Cubs, it would be the curse of the Billy Goat or Steve Bartman all over again.   Invoking the Black Sox scandal from over a century ago just doesn't cut it anymore.  Not when Hahn and JR make themselves such easy targets.

Recently, I do spend at least 60-75% of a game day watching other interesting teams just because watching a Sox game all the way through will cut years off one's lifespan.

Everyone has their own coping mechanisms.

Cheering for the Rays against the Yankees, or Padres against the Dodgers/Giants...might be enough for some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

But just emblematic of entire organization collapsing across the board... like that Gordon Beckham drop tumbling over the mound with Harrelson practically losing it on air. 

Kopech... a pitcher... the ONLY player to do the right thing there on the entire infield.  Running the base runner away from the next base and towards the bag, in this case, second. 

Hanser Alberto is a clear and present danger on rundowns.  He already had taken down TA on  an earlier game.  Fortunately, today he more than made up with his bat, but still…..

16 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Isn't there a more productive way for you to get attention?

This is more of a "Fire Grifol" thing.  But since Grifol is Hahn's guy and he hired him.....
While it does look a bit petty in a 17-4 win, he did post it contemporaneous with the offense.
I'm pretty flexible on  the "Fire Hahn" concept.

Edited by GreenSox

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Love the enthusiasm here. Take down the GM for a bad rundown. Completely illogical but ill f'n take it! I got your back.....lol this organization has broken our brains.

21 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Dude...just add this to the existing "Fire Hahn" thread.
But creating a new, redundant thread over one play is the most Soxtalkian thing ever, I guess.

What did Harry S. Truman famously say? 

The buck stop here. 

There's just no here, here. 

But it's the way of the modern world to foist off responsibility on underlings in order to protect those at the very top. 

I would at least sort of respect Hahn for saying we simply have to better after embarrassing breakdowns in fundamentals. 

Hahn set the tone and tolerated this situation for so long that someone attempting to put a new system in place doesn't even stand a chance of successfully implementing it... the players all know things will revert to mean and that it's far easier to replace a coaching staff than half the active roster. 

Not to mention we don't have a farm system in place to produce viable replacement options. 

So the coaching staff has no choice but to ignore such mistakes because those players still provide them the best opportunity to win on a given day. 

For example, Luis Robert might be fixed for now... but there will be a point where similar situations occur (lack of hustle), nothing is done to address it and everyone just kind of shrugs their collective shoulders.