José Rodriguez promoted to big leagues

Y2Jimmy0

23 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Could also be Romy to the IL. Sox love playing with a roster of 23 healthy guys. 

Going to be interesting to see how he's used. Also, I wonder the effect that tacky ball has had on development across AA. He could be more ready than we know.

Yeah, I am thinking Romy. Would not be too sad if it’s TA tho. 

I guess there weren’t many other infield options with Sosa hurt and Ramos just starting to play, but this does surprise me a bit. 

Edited by ChiSox59

33 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The White Sox are doing this player a disservice calling him up. He is nowhere near ready.

When you're in your multiple championship contention window, you gotta do what you need to do to win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sosa is hurt.  Not sure what is ailing him, but he is on minor league IL and hasn't played since 6/1.  

Believe it's an oblique injury for Sosa.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

He has a .274 OBP in AA. Can’t wait to see him strikeout.

José has a .302/.330/.558 line over the last month, so it's more encouraging than the full season line would suggest. If they really need an infielder I'd rather see Rodriguez over Yolbert or Erik Gonzalez or some other AAAA fodder. Let the kids play, this team stinks so this at least piques my interest. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He has a .274 OBP in AA. Can’t wait to see him strikeout.

Wow, we need to go to AA. Yeah I guess when you have the 26th ranked farm system and 29th the previous year, you make these kind of decisions. 

Thanks again Rick Hahn for doing such a great job of getting the farm system ready to help out during injuries at the Sox major league level. 

• Hawk 1

3 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Believe it's an oblique injury for Sosa.

José has a .302/.330/.558 line over the last month, so it's more encouraging than the full season line would suggest. If they really need an infielder I'd rather see Rodriguez over Yolbert or Erik Gonzalez or some other AAAA fodder. Let the kids play, this team stinks so this at least piques my interest. 

I can't remember what his injury was, but he was so real bad when he came back.

A broken hamate last year and... something with his leg to start this year, right?