6/26 Gamethread

2Deep

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We scored one run. This is a team loss from a bad team. Pointing to high leverage mistakes is easy but unproductive. Mistakes happen on all teams.

Score some damn runs.

True it’s not all Grandal’s fault but the passed balls after he Zavala was removed were so predictable it’s not even funny

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Must be nice to have a crystal ball

It's knowledge of baseball. It was clear he was a bad signing Thanksgiving 2019. No catcher is "Elite" if he sits in the playoffs because he can't catch.

Like Stone says "I prefer my catchers to be able to catch."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Three hits. LOL.

Sox are blah at home but oh so bad on the road.

Fire the manager now. Please. Robert is emerging though. Certain all star stud.

I really don't want to be the Angels....superstar CF....and a team that very rarely sniffs the playoffs.

2/3s of the roster is dedicated to players who contribute nothing. Robert has more WAR than every other position player on the team combined. They're the Charlotte Knights without him.

Fixating on who pitches when or any decision on the margins is a total waste of time when the talent level is this abysmal.

• Like 3
  • TLR 1

Regardless of the failed offense of the Sox remember the Angels were in the same boat. You knew we were in trouble with that LA lead off walk followed by another. No outs and then a melt down by Bummer. Those were WILD pitches and Grandahl couldn’t be expected to be able to stop them 

Edited by elrockinMT

38 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Regardless of the failed offense of the Sox remember the Angels were in the same boat. You knew we were in trouble with that LA lead off walk followed by another. No outs and then a melt down by Bummer. Those were WILD pitches and Grandahl couldn’t be expected to be able to stop them 

A great catcher might have had a shot at the second one, but the first was CRAZY wild.  He's hard to hit, but he still scares me every time I see him on the mound where it counts.  Grandal is far from great at his position.  Remember when we were being fed the  line about his pitch framing skills?  Who cares if he's bad at catching a baseball?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

What are they even trying to get out of Lopez at this point? 

Kelly and Graveman and Middleton should be the ones they're showcasing for trades. 

Need to give Santos more opportunities to see what he can be for 2024. 

Granted, Lopez was so good last year until they decided to use that high leverage success and turn it in closing... that works about 1/4th or 1/3rd of the time at best. 

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What are they even trying to get out of Lopez at this point? 

Kelly and Graveman and Middleton should be the ones they're showcasing for trades. 

Need to give Santos more opportunities to see what he can be for 2024. 

Granted, Lopez was so good last year until they decided to use that high leverage success and turn it in closing... that works about 1/4th or 1/3rd of the time at best. 

Lopez is an enigma for sure. Tons of talent but is too unpredictable 

I am not sure I would by tearing down a real good bullpen by trading some real good talent that can help us succeed