6/27- Sox @ Angels, 8:38

flavum

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Megatron?

I have fairly big hands for  a short guy, can palm a basketball and never had any problem slinging  a baseball 80 mph from the OF into home in my athletic prime, but imagine doing this and having it called a "drop":

Dude was literally dropping the ball like you or I would drop a ping pong ball and was penalized. Calvin was also a talented HS baseball player, and would have went in the top 5 round of the draft had he come out. There is video of him hitting easy wood bat HR at Comerica during batting practice when he was with the Lions. An incredible athlete. He's up there for me with Woodson, Frank and a few others as the best I have ever seen in person.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I feel sorry for Pedro. He's overmatched. Sad. At least he makes good bank.

Burger has to be ready at all times. Zavala was looking over there for a bit. Still love me some Burger but cmon, watch your catcher.

And why didn’t Boston yell atBurger?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

The Angels announcers are laughing at Grifol. "Last night he took out his good defensive catcher in a tie game when you need D..... tonight they take Sheets and Grandal out when they're down.......huh?!?" 

Last night was more brutal, bringing Grandal to catch in a tied game in the bottom of the night, with Bummer pitching.  Not a good idea.  Tonight Sheets is a home run threat and we are down three…..?

8 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Well this will put them officially 13 games under 500. Is the low point so far for the season 14 games under 500? C’mon boys you can pass that before you get to Oakland! 

Yes, this would be their 8th time being 13 games under .500 this season, and the et have been 14 below twice.