Rumor: Sox considering a disco demolition night redo

Thesieve30

• Thesieve30 changed the title to Rumor: Sox considering a disco demolition night redo
3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I mean another version of disco demolition night would probably be a good idea. Somehow the original event has remained in cultural conscientious whenever disco is brought up. It's relevant enough to make a buck on.

Somehow I think encouraging people to recreate that scenario would be the opposite of a good idea 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disco Demolition was a nightmare, and any revival of it would only remind us of that nightmare.  I have nothing against creative promotions to bring people out. Fun is fun. The Sox FO must be desperate if they are floating the Disco Demolition idea. The whole franchise became an embarrassment. The team is embarrassing enough at it is without reviving this nonsense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I mean another version of disco demolition night would probably be a good idea. Somehow the original event has remained in cultural conscientious whenever disco is brought up. It's relevant enough to make a buck on.

If they did it again there'd be the exact same result. Probably worse. I'm thinking it'd be a really really bad night.

• Haha 1

Most nights forfeiting game two would be better than actually watching it. 

The Athletic might send a reporter.

Maybe JR thinks that's what we mean by "blowing it up".

Championship Window Demolition Night would be a great fan organized event. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2