7/25 Game Thread: Cubs @ White Sox 7:10CT

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Weak RISP numbers + lack of HRs + home runs given up by a starting pitcher and the relief crumbling is not a recipe for success and won’t lead to wins. It is the story of the season.

Add poor defense/catching to the mix.

• Like 1

grandal... add this guy to the list of complete and utter hatable trash cans.

1. His pitch selection as a catcher baffles me often.

2.  He couldn't throw out andrew vaughn stealing 2nd.

3.  I could beat him in a race running backwards and im 47

4.  mediocre bat for a catcher.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

If Sox get swept by Cubs, Jerry should apologize to the fans for this season. He's so rich. And so cheap. He should give everybody a ticket for a game in August if we get swept. It's one thing to lose a lot but this team is so bad it's indescribable. Refund baby.

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If Sox get swept by Cubs, Jerry should apologize to the fans for this season. He's so rich. And so cheap. He should give everybody a ticket for a game in August if we get swept. It's one thing to lose a lot but this team is so bad it's indescribable. Refund baby.

Preferably to watch a team other than the White Sox 

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

And Rocky Wirtz dies at 70 but JR is still kicking at United Center.

Will Jerry outlive a fourth or even a fifth generation of the Wirtz family

January 29, 1981 - A Day That Will Live in Infamy - Jerry Reinsdorf leads group purchase of the Chicago White Sox

1. Arthur Wirtz dies July 21, 1983. Son Dollar Bill Wirtz takes over the Chicago NHL team.
  2. Bill Wirtz dies September 26, 2007. Son Rocky Wirtz takes over the Chicago NHL team.
  3. Rocky Wirtz dies July 25, 2023. Son Danny Wirtz takes over the Chicago NHL team.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yes, but then as you know parking concessions souvenir sales are where they will really get you...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

I was going to say the same thing about Yoan as Kopech, idk if it was covid or just someone that peaked physically very young. 

I remember how the ball used to just explode off his bat. 

I'm not sure if there's anything the Sox could have done because I'm not convinced those guys were s%*# scouting, i just think their bodies weren't made for 162 games of baseball once they got into their mid-20s and there's no way to know that. 

This applies to Eloy too. 

That was before he had his contract extended

• Like 1