GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

6 hours ago, wegner said:

You know to me, Remillard just feels like the kind of guy who would give us some heroic play against the Cubbies. Of course, Pedro will keep him on the bench to keep experimenting with Burger at 2B....because Jake has been looking so great at the plate lately.

I'm looking at that Sox lineup and I am struggling to see the group of superstars Big Frank is talking about.

If we would like to win games, Remilliard should be in the lineup.  He is one of our best small ball guys , good hustle , can bunt, and higher batting average than most on the team.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

If we would like to win games, Remilliard should be in the lineup.  He is one of our best small ball guys , good hustle , can bunt, and higher batting average than most on the team.

Ironically this would take away a HR tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Plus I get the impression that playing Remillard would help set a culture of accountability and meritocracy.

He seems to have done everything right, including inexcusibly playing RF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Or they should have never activated Yoan when he’s not even close to being healthy 

As someone said here previously, his back might end his career early ala Joe Crede