Clevinger Activated, Navarro and Shaw Called up

Heads22

Navarro has excellent metrics and no idea where the ball is going. 16% bb rate in AAA is alarming. Still would rather see him than more Shaw. Yeah, let's use the last two months to get a long look at a 35 y.o. pending FA who's been a gas can at AAA and horrible in the majors for years.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Navarro has excellent metrics and no idea where the ball is going. 16% bb rate in AAA is alarming. Still would rather see him than more Shaw. Yeah, let's use the last two months to get a long look at a 35 y.o. pending FA who's been a gas can at AAA and horrible in the majors for years.

Yeah I’d rather give Nicholas Padilla another look than Shaw. Washed up Shaw doesn’t serve any purpose at all. 

• Like 1

Padilla currently on the IL. Maybe he gets another look when he's healthy. Navarro's ground ball rate is insane. Looks like another Bummer situation where he's gonna walk a bunch of guys then get grounders which our infielders will be unable to handle. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Shaw serves a purpose.  That purpose is to be an available arm until several of these teams who are gaining players and have to DFA some decent players/prospects, have to pass them through waivers.  If you can claim something better(hopefully) then he is DFA.  I could see the Sox trying to claim 3-4 players.  I believe claim order is inverse standings in your league then inverse standings in the other league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Shaw serves a purpose.  That purpose is to be an available arm until several of these teams who are gaining players and have to DFA some decent players/prospects, have to pass them through waivers.  If you can claim something better(hopefully) then he is DFA.  I could see the Sox trying to claim 3-4 players.  I believe claim order is inverse standings in your league then inverse standings in the other league.

That doesn't seem very white sox.

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

I am sure Shaw will be replaced by a waiver claim in no time. 

• Like 1

There is help in the event you and or your children are victims of Domestic Violence of Clevinger or others in the City of Chicago.

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/fss/provdrs/dom_violence/supp_info.html

Please trade or DFA Clevinger Rick Hahn, I’m ok with your extension and continued Sox futility in the event you prioritize Women and Children over  on field success.

3 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

How does the claim order work for subsequent players if we do claim someone? Meaning, do we stay the same place in the order for the next players, or are we dropped lower in the order as a result of having already claimed someone?