Ramirez says, "Anderson disrespects the game..."

Lip Man 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

It becomes something when every knucklehead wants to bang that drum like it's why he's playing like s%*#.

He's playing like s%*# because he's an athletic shortstop who relied on his legs to be a star player and got punched in the fucking knee by a Twins player because Hanser Alberto couldn't field a ball. This follows injuries he had last year. That s%*# piles up.

He and the Sox (who can't properly manage an injury to save their lives) deserve all the smoke for that.

Seems a bit convenient when you make up arguments in your head that you're able to win against. 

No doubt injuries have played a part. TA seems to get hurt every year lately though.

Made up argument? Look at this thread any other about TA this year. There is plenty of chatter about his off field drama negatively impacting his play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

To be honest you shouldn’t be this concerned about Tim’s personal life.  If you want to dislike him for his play on the field and incidents, whatever.  His life is his life and he has to deal with it, and you shouldn’t bring it up every time you wanna b**** about him, it’s dumb 

IDK, where do you draw the line? If he's a wife beater? Obviously, if we cancelled every player that has ever cheated on his wife, there would be hardly anyone left. I just hate the brazen way he's gone about it. It's not only disrespecting his wife with all the photos on social media, it also affects or will eventually affect his kids. You want to have an affair, be discreet. TA came across as a guy who wanted to be a role model, and did a lot of charitable things back in the day. Now he's just being a selfish guy who apparently thinks providing funds is the one responsibility he has as a husband and father. 

All I know is if I was neighbors and friends with the Andersons, my wife wouldn't let me hang with TA ever again.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Quin said:

It becomes something when every knucklehead wants to bang that drum like it's why he's playing like s%*#.

He's playing like s%*# because he's an athletic shortstop who relied on his legs to be a star player and got punched in the fucking knee by a Twins player because Hanser Alberto couldn't field a ball. This follows injuries he had last year. That s%*# piles up.

He and the Sox (who can't properly manage an injury to save their lives) deserve all the smoke for that.

Seems a bit convenient when you make up arguments in your head that you're able to win against. 

While I have no doubt injuries have been a huge part of it, TA admitted his off the field issues have affected his play.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

IDK, where do you draw the line? If he's a wife beater? Obviously, if we cancelled every player that has ever cheated on his wife, there would be hardly anyone left. I just hate the brazen way he's gone about it. It's not only disrespecting his wife with all the photos on social media, it also affects or will eventually affect his kids. You want to have an affair, be discreet. TA came across as a guy who wanted to be a role model, and did a lot of charitable things back in the day. Now he's just being a selfish guy who apparently thinks providing funds is the one responsibility he has as a husband and father. 

All I know is if I was neighbors and friends with the Andersons, my wife wouldn't let me hang with TA ever again.

A wife beater and a cheater are both terrible in the scheme of a monogamous relationship but one of these things puts you in jail and the other gets you side eye.

Personally I think that it sucks that his relationships in his life have this many dynamics but that’s not my problem and I’m not holding his personal relationship issues against him unless it crosses the physical threshold when I evaluate him as a player.  And I’m certainly not gonna bring up his infidelity literally every time I discuss him 

edit:  people can be emotionally abusive as well and I don’t want to discount that.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

A wife beater and a cheater are both terrible in the scheme of a monogamous relationship but one of these things puts you in jail and the other gets you side eye.

Personally I think that it sucks that his relationships in his life have this many dynamics but that’s not my problem and I’m not holding his personal relationship issues against him unless it crosses the physical threshold when I evaluate him as a player.  And I’m certainly not gonna bring up his infidelity literally every time I discuss him 

What about these things he is posting? I really wonder if he's bipolar or something. He wasn't like this before. He took some disadvantaged kids to KC and visited the Negro Museum. He did a lot of other things as well. Maybe his wife was the driver of these things. But now? You wouldn't want your kid reading his posts.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What about these things he is posting? I really wonder if he's bipolar or something. He wasn't like this before. He took some disadvantaged kids to KC and visited the Negro Museum. He did a lot of other things as well. Maybe his wife was the driver of these things. But now? You wouldn't want your kid reading his posts.

His posts are and have always been super vague passive aggressive.  A lot of the ones recently shared were from 2019

i don’t know that he is bi polar and I am not gonna diagnose him, but I definitely see him struggling with a lot of the attention he is getting now because it’s not the type he wanted

Like probably everyone here, I long ago stopped idolizing athletes and most famous people. It's kind of a shame that once upon a time that stuff wasn't public, now it's common knowledge. I'm not certain it's for the best. 

I also believe it's a two way street. If you want to profit off an image, you better walk the talk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Francona said Anderson had been chirping at first baseman Gabriel Arias all night. And after his actions caused so much frustration in Cleveland’s clubhouse the night before, the Guardians had no interest in hearing more from the shortstop.

“I know that Anderson was yelling at Arias because the umpire went and told him to knock it off,” Francona said. “[Anderson] said some things he probably shouldn’t have.”

mlb.com

So exactly who should be defending/protecting two rookies on the Guardians from a well-known vet on another team?

Francona?  He's rich, too...relatively speaking.

The umpires failed to control things.

It would be nice if Anderson can speak up and tell his side to what may have been going on.

Maybe he doesn't have a side to tell.

43 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I finally delved into the gossip around him after seeing some stuff on twitter. It is a pretty bad look. Really the worst part is how it will affect his kids. He has made a real mess. I won't defend him on or off the field he's burned the bridges.

• Like 2

Ramirez is such a p****. He talks and looks like a weasel too. I thank TA for remembering how to treat a division rival, they're not your fucking buddies. My only issue is that I don't he actually landed a punch and he kinda just toppled over. Not a great look, but he's also a professional athlete and these guys are some of the worst fighters I've ever seen, so he gets a pass.

LOL at "fans" who want to take Ramirez or the Indians' side of things. Pick a different team to "root" for

• Thanks 1

Best thing about Ramirez laying out Anderson is we haven't had to hear anything from Andersons mouth. I hated his antics even when he was playing well but i was able to put up with them since he was producing. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Anderson is part of the reason the culture in the clubhouse sucks.  Its actually very similar to whats going on with Womans soccer. People were able to put up with all the politics and such since they were winning, but after they got knocked out so early the gloves came off from the public.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Extremely classy, All-American Boy Mickey Mantle? No way.

And lest we forget Bartolo Colon, who had a whole secret family. But hey, he hit a home run as a fat pitcher!

Quin: Just to be clear my point about Anderson sleeping around and I should be OK with that was in response to those saying he should be supported unconditionally.

Personally what he does off the field is none of my business, couldn't care less but it's clear his off the field antics HAVE been impacting his on-field performance and embarrassing the organization..

How could they not if you are a normal human being? 

It's gone off the rails and he and the Sox need a divorce and a fresh start. 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

You definitely could care less based on how many times you have brought it up 

Because it's part of the narrative just like the Tweets, suspensions and controversies. And I'll continue to bring all of those up since they are part of his problems (and no I'm not a moralist or a conservative Christian or any of that other crap).

• Like 1

I also love how some posters are questioning loyalty or telling others to find a new team to cheer for. This happens with numerous teams throughout the years when players fall out of favor. Im sure you all remember what happened with the most lovable player on the north side sammy sosa. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Because it's part of the narrative just like the Tweets, suspensions and controversies. And I'll continue to bring all of those up since they are part of his problems (and no I'm not a moralist or a conservative Christian or any of that other crap).

Make up your mind man, either you don’t care or your do.  Either way this entire board knows that you don’t care for TA because he is a cheater and wow he should be stuffed into a cannon and shot into the sun because nobody else on this team cheats on their wife and nobody else has moral dilemmas lemme tell ya 

I don’t expect you to have unquestioned loyalty to the players on the team like you keep complaining about.  I just would expect someone who interviews players and executives as much as you have to beat the same drum over and over like this isn’t pervasive within his MLB culture and really sports culture as a whole.  Your problem with Tim seems way more and I’m not the only person that sees it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Make up your mind man, either you don’t care or your do.  Either way this entire board knows that you don’t care for TA because he is a cheater and wow he should be stuffed into a cannon and shot into the sun because nobody else on this team cheats on their wife and nobody else has moral dilemmas lemme tell ya 

I don’t expect you to have unquestioned loyalty to the players on the team like you keep complaining about.  I just would expect someone who interviews players and executives as much as you have to beat the same drum over and over like this isn’t pervasive within his MLB culture and really sports culture as a whole.  Your problem with Tim seems way more and I’m not the only person that sees it

Again in all seriousness he could sleep with a dozen women, I don't give a s%*# but when that impacts what he does on the field, AS HE HAS ADMITTED that the off field situation has come into play, that's when I draw the line. 

He was designated (possibly without his real consent) as the "face of the franchise." That carries certain responsibilities.

In three years he's gone from a talented likeable guy to a scowling, arrogant asshole. Yea, that bothers me.

He needs to go. (And so do a few others to stop this slide into embarrassment and irrelevance.) 

• Like 2

FWIW: Obviously biased against Ramirez since he's on the other team in this fight, but also, a complete lack of remorse in starting a fucking fight.

You know who didn't throw hands? Abreu when Karinchak nailed him in the head. He comforted him.

For those that don't remember, that's when TLR thought Cleveland wanted to hit him with the bases loaded and old-man sprinted out of the dugout.

Honestly, the boxing gloves photo (even if it's old - his agent still posted it) should probably be taken into account when they dole out the suspension and J-Ram should get one equal in length.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It is revealing watching fans respond negatively as a player falls from the pedestal they themselves put him on.  Your biases and your projections are really showing in these posts. 

Yea, you can't say you're the new Jackie Robinson and then act a fool since Tim has. Or, if you do it, you don't become a negative WAR player.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Again in all seriousness he could sleep with a dozen women, I don't give a s%*# but when that impacts what he does on the field, AS HE HAS ADMITTED that the off field situation has come into play, that's when I draw the line. 

He was designated (possibly without his real consent) as the "face of the franchise." That carries certain responsibilities.

In three years he's gone from a talented likeable guy to a scowling, arrogant asshole. Yea, that bothers me.

He needs to go. (And so do a few others to stop this slide into embarrassment and irrelevance.) 

He can sleep with whoever he wants but keep it on the DL. From what I can tell, he's almost made it a point to let people know he slept around. It's just a bad look.

• Like 3