Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

25 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I would be surprised if Pedro is fired this season.

And they'll win some games against Toronto.  They're not the Yankees and they'll have to face our 2 good starters.

Yeah im starting to lean that way as well. If they didn't move on when it was 3-22, obviously they expected (and should have ) that this team was going to be DOA anyways.

I think you see him fired after the season and they move on to the next step of the rebuild.

Posted (edited)

"Beni is a consistent pillar in our lineup. He [Fletcher] has to wait for an opportunity and take advantage of it.'"  Pedro Grifol

Veterans are given their playing time; young players must earn it.

Believe in Pedro.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 1

29 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

"Beni is a consistent pillar in our lineup. He [Fletcher] has to wait for an opportunity and take advantage of it.'"  Pedro Grifol

Believe in Pedro.

I saw this quote in another thread.  Pukeworthy.  🤢 🤮 

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I saw this quote in another thread.  Pukeworthy.  🤢 🤮 

In DVS's story/notes when he used that quote he also made sure to point out how badly Beni is slumping. 

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Believe in Pedro.

.190/.218/.276 is a pillar

.203/.277/.271 is someone sent down to AAA, now back and having to wait for his opportunity and take advantage of it.

It's really just more of Pedro being afraid of vets. Fire his ass.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/phillies-bryce-harper-helps-local-high-schooler-land-date-for-prom-154809449.html

If Grifol tried to pull this off, you can practically guarantee the prom date would be summarily rejected.

No one would even know who the hell Grifol was, much less any of the Sox players.  A 16 year old high school girl sure wouldn’t.  🤣

On 5/19/2024 at 9:11 AM, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know why they'd even ask about the fans. Nobody could be expected to pay to watch this crap more than once a season. Of course Sox fans know the game of baseball. Dumb topic. A team this bad doesn't deserve more than 10,000 a night.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

.190/.218/.276 is a pillar

.203/.277/.271 is someone sent down to AAA, now back and having to wait for his opportunity and take advantage of it.

It's really just more of Pedro being afraid of vets. Fire his ass.

Beni is a sub par hitter. He's a 3 out of 10 and that's being nice.

It’s December of 2023. You must pick one option:

1.) Retain Pedro and move on as we have seen this unfold.

2.) Rehire Tony LaRussa as manager for 1 year with his replacement being Sergio Santos in 2025.

On 5/21/2024 at 4:22 PM, Soxfest said:

Can’t see Pedro as manager in 2025, he will make it rest of 24.

Why would you fire him? It's a ghost ship, who gives a flying fk. Also not getting anyone good to come over ...

1 hour ago, shago said:

Why would you fire him? It's a ghost ship, who gives a flying fk. Also not getting anyone good to come over ...

Because he seems to like to f*** over young players and those are much more important.  He makes the team worse and is the epitome of a buffon. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

A new voice with a different approach would be worth the change if it meant winning 60 games instead of 45. I don't know how you can justify it being pointless.

There is a difference between making a change and finishing the season improved as opposed to batting the worst player in baseball 5th every night and winning ~50 games.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's not pointless. The ballclub has not improved fundamentally, young players are being exposed to incompetence upon being called up, and while there may be some decent role models in veteran players, maybe, the absence of true leadership only hurts development. See Pedro revealing a Ramos missed sign to the press for no reason. Same goes for the Rockies. Seems like maybe launching Black a couple of years ago may have had a point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

It's not pointless. The ballclub has not improved fundamentally, young players are being exposed to incompetence upon being called up, and while there may be some decent role models in veteran players, maybe, the absence of true leadership only hurts development. See Pedro revealing a Ramos missed sign to the press for no reason. Same goes for the Rockies. Seems like maybe launching Black a couple of years ago may have had a point. 

I hate to use Ricky as an example, but maybe getting someone who is more in tune with teaching is the right move.  In his 200 plus games here, I can't think of a single player that has made progress at making themselves a higher baseball IQ player.  We still have the same mistakes being made, the some cutoffs being missed, the same baserunning blunders, signs being missed etc.  I can't say Pedro is the problem, but I sure can't say he isn't.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tomas said:

Pedro is a walking disaster.  Not a teacher. Not a leader. Why was he ever considered for the managers job is a mystery?

Ozzie would be a huge step forward. 

Because Hahn was clueless in how to evaluate a manager and got all excited when Grifol used some buzz words.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I hate to use Ricky as an example, but maybe getting someone who is more in tune with teaching is the right move.  In his 200 plus games here, I can't think of a single player that has made progress at making themselves a higher baseball IQ player.  We still have the same mistakes being made, the some cutoffs being missed, the same baserunning blunders, signs being missed etc.  I can't say Pedro is the problem, but I sure can't say he isn't.

Plus he’s admitted he’s not about developing players. He’s about winning Major League Baseball games. 60 under shows what he is about and what he may have a skill at, are two very different things. He’s a cooler. Get him away from the organization.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

During this whole "championship window", Ricky Renteria blows TLR and Grifol out of the water.