8/23 Games

Quin

Nastrini gave up a run on a pair of doubles in the 5th, the first real contact against him. The other two hits were a lucky bloop and Castillo getting his feet tangled on a routine grounder to second but it not being ruled an error.

Quero gets the lead back with a homer against his old team, scoring Veras who walked.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin

Kannapolis gets walked off for the second day in a row. Another nice start from Batista (5IP, 1ER, 2BB, 3K). He's been very solid, with just 4ER across his 3 starts (15IP) so far.

UDFA Connery Peters made his affiliate debut and threw two scoreless (1H, 2K).

RHRP Connor Pellerin got the first half of a two inning save attempt in a scoreless 8th, but gave up a walk and HR in the 9th.

The Knights emulate the big league club and win a walkoff in 10, 4-3.

Recently acquired José Ureña made his second start, and put up a respectable line: 5.2IP, 2ER, 6H, 6K, no walks.

Deivi Garcia had a scoreless inning. Leasure got 2Ks in his inning, but gave up a Charlotte solo shot.

Cronin went 2IP hitless/scoreless, including stranding the free runner in the 10th to get the W. Hackenberg got the walkoff hit. Xavier Fernandez nudged his OPS over 1.000 with a 2B and 2 walks.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1

Some questionable umpiring in the Barons game. Ramos made what appeared to be an inning ending DP, catching a bases loaded liner and then tagging the bag for the force.

Ump calls no catch, so a run scores and the inning continues. Bundy ejected.

Noted pickoff expert Gil Luna comes on in relief and ends the inning without making a pitch, catching the runner off first.

3 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Thought that might happen, with the ACL season ending. Will be nice to get to see him in action.

I’m a little surprised just because we still run fall instructs, and I’d have picked him to start in extended ST/ACL next year.

If he’s expected to be in Kanny, nice to give him some time to get familiar and find housing.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m a little surprised just because we still run fall instructs, and I’d have picked him to start in extended ST/ACL next year.

If he’s expected to be in Kanny, nice to give him some time to get familiar and find housing.

I know BA argued the case for this, and it's probably more of a pipedream than anything, but I really hope the ACL becomes a "full season" league in the near future. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bmags said:

I would be shocked if Wolkow is not in instructs.  I wish I could get video of those games. Gonna be the first stateside action for Nunez, Gil, Mogollon, and Flores too.