3 hours ago3 hr 4 minutes ago, Green Line said:So its not even debateable that he's a bad GM, and its simultaneously a crazy take to want him fired.This is why the Sox have been the worst franchise in sports for 100+ years.I’ll bet anything that Chris Getz and the higher ups are in total alignment on their approach to 2026
3 hours ago3 hr 1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:I’ll bet anything that Chris Getz and the higher ups are in total alignment on their approach to 2026Of course they are, he's Jerry's golden boy. Me saying he deserves to lose his job has nothing to do with what I think will happen. Its an opinion.
3 hours ago3 hr 5 minutes ago, Green Line said:Of course they are, he's Jerry's golden boy. Me saying he deserves to lose his job has nothing to do with what I think will happen. Its an opinion.Why fire a guy that is doing his job?
3 hours ago3 hr 1 minute ago, Green Line said:Of course they are, he's Jerry's golden boy. Me saying he deserves to lose his job has nothing to do with what I think will happen. Its an opinion.This team probably should have won about 75 games this year, there were zero playoff expectations. They massively over achieved and won their first playoff series in 21 years. Coming off 3 straight 100 loss seasons and getting the season we got this year, I don't understand how you can have the opinion that Chris Getz deserves to be fired. I don't like Getz, I think he sucks at his job. I can't wait until he is actually fired but even I can't say that I think he deserves to be right now. You can thank a lousy division and a down AL for that.
3 hours ago3 hr 1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:Why fire a guy that is doing his job?We can nitpick all we want about moves that didn’t work out, but the guy has done a very good job this year. Also, JR was saying the other day how amazing he’s been.
3 hours ago3 hr 3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:Why fire a guy that is doing his job?Why fire anyone ever then? Who cares about doing a GOOD job
3 hours ago3 hr Just now, Green Line said:Why fire anyone ever then? Who cares about doing a GOOD jobBut he is. He’s just doing a different job than the job you wanted him to do.
3 hours ago3 hr 1 minute ago, Green Line said:Why fire anyone ever then? Who cares about doing a GOOD jobHe did do a good job with this team
3 hours ago3 hr 6 minutes ago, fathom said:We can nitpick all we want about moves that didn’t work out, but the guy has done a very good job this year. Also, JR was saying the other day how amazing he’s been.Hell, I didn’t like the nepo pick. I didn’t necessarily like the Roch pick either. I didn’t like pitching staff. But I understand it’s just my opinion, and I understand their thinking, and ai understood the timeline of the plan when it is supposed to come together. Circa 2027-2028/29. Then we judge. But their plan such as it is, is working like a clock to this point.
2 hours ago2 hr Getz should have never gotten the job. I have always felt he was a part of the problem. They fired Kenny and Rick but kept their kid. The biggest problem is JR. He values loyalty, always has and always will. This team has overachieved so JR will reward Chris.
2 hours ago2 hr 2 minutes ago, Rocky said:Getz should have never gotten the job.I have always felt he was a part of the problem. They fired Kenny and Rick but kept their kid. The biggest problem is JR. He values loyalty, always has and always will. This team has overachieved so JR will reward Chris.Pretty much a perfect post, well done sir.
2 hours ago2 hr Getz has done a great job at rebuilding, but has failed in his first test at bolstering a contender. I think its fair to separate the two. The only thing that can absolve Deadline Getz, other than Castillo returning to form next year, is knowing who we were targeting, and what exactly was asked as far as prospect packages. Unfortunately we probably will never know.Like what were the Angels asking for Soriano or Detmers (if we were even on them at all)? If they wanted Hagen Smith or Schultz and one of Bonemer or Carlson, I understand the not going in on them. But man we could have just gone after Griffin. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by reiks12
2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:Getz has done a great job at rebuilding, but has failed in his first test at bolstering a contender. I think its fair to separate the two. The only thing that can absolve Deadline Getz, other than Castillo returning to form next year, is knowing who we were targeting, and what exactly was asked as far as prospect packages. Unfortunately we probably will never know.Like what were the Angels asking for Soriano or Detmers? If they wanted Hagen Smith or Schultz and one of Bonemer or Carlson, I understand the not going in on them.That’s not a test that Getz was given by the team. You’re assigning a grade based on a test you are personally judging him over. Like double secret probation. But you can’t please everyone as they say.
2 hours ago2 hr 3 hours ago, Green Line said:I dont celebrate failure, so thanks. Youve made some awful takes recently but I would not ever say thatYes, let's fire the general manager that is responsible for one of the most historic turnarounds in baseball history.
2 hours ago2 hr 30 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:That’s not a test that Getz was given by the team. You’re assigning a grade based on a test you are personally judging him over. Like double secret probation. But you can’t please everyone as they say.He was judging Getz’s trade deadline moves which were an unmitigated disaster. What grade would you give that? It can’t be better than a D or F.
1 hour ago1 hr 9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:He was judging Getz’s trade deadline moves which were an unmitigated disaster. What grade would you give that? It can’t be better than a D or F.D or an F. But like I said, they didn’t try real hard. Probably should have done nothing actually. Doing nothing would have been a B. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by Chick Mercedes
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, Green Line said:So its not even debateable that he's a bad GM, and its simultaneously a crazy take to want him fired.This is why the Sox have been the worst franchise in sports for 100+ years.Man this is straight garbage
27 minutes ago27 min 11 hours ago, fathom said:If anything, this year will get him an extension.I will stand on this until I die, but he has kind of been proven right to NOT add to this team. They benefited from having two very mediocre teams on their side of the bracket for the playoffs, but as wide as the pitching gap is between the Sox and the actually good playoff teams, there wasn't enough out there at the deadline to bridge that gap, and would have pissed away resources to do so. This team was definitely early and unexpected, which also goes to it not being quite ready for prime time. That's fine. But two things need to happen whenever we have an actual offseason. #1 they need to find 300 at least OK innings in the starting rotation, and #2 they need to get all that pitching in the minors back on track. You have GOT to get some starters out of Schultz, McDougal, and Hagen, otherwise this team is just missing too much pitching to fix in a short period of time, and goes back to waiting for the really young guys to break out. It could even be that Shane Smith wasn't a fluke and was just cursed this year, but they need a couple of those guys to be serviceable in 2027. As of today you have Burke as a Yes, Martin as a Maybe, and then ???. You need at least 7 to 8 starters as options over the course of 162, and so far we have 1.
24 minutes ago24 min 2 hours ago, T R U said:This team probably should have won about 75 games this year, there were zero playoff expectations. They massively over achieved and won their first playoff series in 21 years. Coming off 3 straight 100 loss seasons and getting the season we got this year, I don't understand how you can have the opinion that Chris Getz deserves to be fired.I don't like Getz, I think he sucks at his job. I can't wait until he is actually fired but even I can't say that I think he deserves to be right now. You can thank a lousy division and a down AL for that.The the offense massively overachieved, and the pitching massively underachieved based on where we started 2026. I think this really was about a 75 win team that benefited from an absolutely terrible AL to make up a lot of extra games, with a liberal amount of walkoff luck built into those 9 bonus wins. Even I am ready to hold off of the firing until we see what happens to the pitching in the next year, and if the main offensive guys take the next step. He's earned another year.
21 minutes ago21 min 1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:He was judging Getz’s trade deadline moves which were an unmitigated disaster. What grade would you give that? It can’t be better than a D or F.The Castillo trade with grade out as one of the worst of the deadline, and potentially one of the worst of the decade if the prospects do anything out of it. But outside of that, the deadline was exactly what it needed to be. I would go D for JUST the deadline right now. The rest of the season has to be an A though. I guess I prefer a bigger picture approach, especially when he was proven right on adding for just this year.
7 minutes ago7 min 14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:The Castillo trade with grade out as one of the worst of the deadline, and potentially one of the worst of the decade if the prospects do anything out of it. But outside of that, the deadline was exactly what it needed to be. I would go D for JUST the deadline right now. The rest of the season has to be an A though. I guess I prefer a bigger picture approach, especially when he was proven right on adding for just this year.They’re very short in the bullpen due to Brazobust
3 minutes ago3 min 1 minute ago, fathom said:They’re very short in the bullpen due to BrazobustThey are short in the bullpen because they have no starting pitching. This pen would be immensely better if it wasn't going 6-8 innings on most game days. Even the worst guys like Hudson were fine selectively used in shorter and more select stints as they would be in a normal staff. The starting pitching rolls down hill, good, bad or indifferent. You also aren't going to win with running the same guys out there 3-4 times in a 5 game series with the guys the Sox have.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.