9/23 - It's a Bummer White Sox victory

South Side Hit Men

Hate the Red Sox / Carmines, so glad the Sox aren't going to lose the season series to Boston. A Sox win tomorrow claims their second 4-2 season series win over an AL East Team (Yankees the other).

Aaron Bummer evens his season record at 5-5, the fifth highest 2023 win total for the White Sox. Luis is now within 2 HRs of the 

White Sox Supercut

Yes, with Hahn and Kenny gone, the prime impetus for me to hope for 100 losses, forced change, already occurred.

I'm hopeful to be able to fully support the 2024 White Sox, including no stupid (acquiring Dayton Moore / Sal Perez) or evil (picking up Clevinger's option) s%*# occurs this offseason. Really hope Boston is shown the door as well, have a clean slate. It will take time to build a consistently good team, but they can start doing the right things, including treating minor league players the right way.

29 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Great performance from Cease with no walks and 11 SO. Robert hits 311 FT homer to beat Boston

Sounds like fun. I know I should have better things to do on a Saturday night, but I'm watching the encore to enjoy Cease dominate.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

No radio broadcast today. JR consolidated announcers, did a simulcast, and saved on expenses. 

This is not true, though I'm assuming he is joking.

Len Casper was solo for the second game in a row, and has done this previously this season.

Also, the Sox will be on WGN this Sunday (and likely next) due to the garbage bears.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is not true, though I'm assuming he is joking.

Len Casper was solo for the second game in a row, and has done this previously this season.

Also, the Sox will be on WGN this Sunday (and likely next) due to the garbage bears.

Of course I was joking.  If JR truly had his way, the broadcasters would be in a studio in Chicago (or better yet their basements) and use the opponents video feed :D

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Of course I was joking.  If JR truly had his way, the broadcasters would be in a studio in Chicago (or better yet their basements) and use the opponents video feed :D

Dollar Bill Wirtz did this into the 1990s IIRC.

The White Sox did it under Veeck, though broadcasting rights were a lot less back in the day.

Then you have the Los Angeles Dodgers' Vin Scully who opened both broadcasts solo over the first 3 innings before shifting to TV with Charlie Steiner of OG ESPN fame taking over (I had MLB Radio off and on since it was introduced until Vin Scully retired).

I understand Jason ditches the Sox every chance possible, but has Stone been working with many different partners beyond Len, or has Stone been taking off for many road series this season? I only have radio access beyond national broadcasts or mostly mute TV broadcasts at a bar.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Where was this when Cease was blowing 6 run leads?  Still, a great game to watch especially the mighty HR. Serves them right for having weird dimensions. 

We went to a game there back in 1978 and I’ve never understood the fascination with that stupid ballpark, some horrible sight lines, cramped seating and nothing beautiful about it, it’s old so I guess that makes it special, Wrigley Field is a much better ballpark. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite