9/26-28, Sox vs Diamondbacks series

flavum

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

SSHM, how do you find time for your music?  I once thought I was pretty advanced, but you and Wegner are miles ahead of me.  Miles.

What do you mean? Time to listen to music or quote songs or other clips here?

I used to listen to rock, metal and just regular popular music until the late 90s. I listen primarily to jazz these days, but still enjoy the classic tunes every now and then.

55 minutes ago, flavum said:

There’s nobody on the roster that should be untouchable. Nobody. Easy decision to pay him a million to go away.

If they had enough players to legitimately compete, than perhaps it would make sense to spend the money elsewhere. 

If they don't pick up the option, Jerry is just going to pocket the money, so I'd like to see if they can flip Tim and Yoan at the deadline, after four months of playing for their next FA contract. An offseason trade would work as well. He's not blocking a legitimate starter the first four months of the season. Perhaps Bummer does something as well to flip in July. Hell they got value for Lance "I Like Steak" Lynn, even with his MLB worst 2.18 HRs /  9 innings for starters (minimum 100 innings).

Elvis, Grandal and the other non controllable FAs should not return, there is zero legitimate trade value with these guys.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sell the team chant coming in loud and clear on the radio broadcast, in between Len and DJ talking about the Cubs game and NL Wildcard nonsense including this play.

He actually ain't got it

When it comes to the Cubbies, I do have a bad case of schadenfreude

1 minute ago, wegner said:

He actually ain't got it

When it comes to the Cubbies, I do have a bad case of schadenfreude

I did between 1979 until 2005, then didn't give a rats ass because the Sox won a World Series and the Cubs were still chasing. Didn't want it to happen in 2016, but wasn't too upset. It would have sucked if the Sox were still stuck on 1917.

I don't follow much beyond MLB at this point, but Chicago Bears losses (I don't watch any NFL games) and New York Rangers and Toronto Maples Leafs elimination are just three examples of schadenfreude I enjoy more than Cubs, though I did get a chuckle out of that play. Thought of Ron Santo and Don Young.

And the Sox game is over 15-4. Yikes.

No Sox starter listed for tomorrow, but Touki is slated for Thursday. He gave up 7 runs the last game I saw him a few weeks ago, so hopefully he isn't tipping pitches and or can locate pitches for strikes.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I did between 1979 until 2005, then didn't give a rats ass because the Sox won a World Series and the Cubs were still chasing. Didn't want it to happen in 2016, but wasn't too upset. It would have sucked if the Sox were still stuck on 1917.

I don't follow much beyond MLB at this point, but Chicago Bears losses (I don't watch any NFL games) and New York Rangers and Toronto Maples Leafs elimination are just three examples of schadenfreude I enjoy more than Cubs, though I did get a chuckle out of that play. Thought of Ron Santo and Don Young.

And the Sox game is over 15-4. Yikes.

No Sox starter listed for tomorrow, but Touki is slated for Thursday. He gave up 7 runs the last game I saw him a few weeks ago, so hopefully he isn't tipping pitches and or can locate pitches for strikes.

I actually didn't even know the Cubbies had struggled down the stretch and thought they would waltz into the playoffs...but plays like that are still funny to me when they happen to the NorthSiders.

38 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sell the team chant coming in loud and clear on the radio broadcast, in between Len and DJ talking about the Cubs game and NL Wildcard nonsense including this play.

This one has legs, likely to be around for a long time.  Didn't even touch the ball.  At least Bartman got a glove on his.

It says how decimated this franchise is when literally every pitcher who threw tonight for them are retreads, has-been's, never was's and dumpster dives.

Just in September these buffoons have allowed at least 10 runs in a game six times.

In my opinion, literally the only guys worth a damn are Clevinger, Cease and maybe Santos. 

That's it. The rest are all flotsam, jetsam. Total unadulterated garbage. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they had enough players to legitimately compete, than perhaps it would make sense to spend the money elsewhere. 

If they don't pick up the option, Jerry is just going to pocket the money, so I'd like to see if they can flip Tim and Yoan at the deadline, after four months of playing for their next FA contract. An offseason trade would work as well. He's not blocking a legitimate starter the first four months of the season. Perhaps Bummer does something as well to flip in July. Hell they got value for Lance "I Like Steak" Lynn, even with his MLB worst 2.18 HRs /  9 innings for starters (minimum 100 innings).

Elvis, Grandal and the other non controllable FAs should not return, there is zero legitimate trade value with these guys.

Trade is such a bad word to throw around.

Trade for what?  We would like to believe a GM just might see something we don't.  False assumption.

Having unproven players in a farm system isn't always value.  Let's not forget they can't develop anyone.

Most likely what they get will be worse.  It's an emotional bandaid.

We would like to think there has to be another organization as naive as this one.  The fact this organization is retaining a manager about to lose 100 games and ost likely keep the terrible coaching says this a very naive organization and GMs know this.

Wishful thinking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Trade is such a bad word to throw around.

Trade for what?  We would like to believe a GM just might see something we don't.  False assumption.

Having unproven players in a farm system isn't always value.  Let's not forget they can't develop anyone.

Most likely what they get will be worse.  It's an emotional bandaid.

We would like to think there has to be another organization as naive as this one.  The fact this organization is retaining a manager about to lose 100 games and ost likely keep the terrible coaching says this a very naive organization and GMs know this.

Wishful thinking.

Far rather have Tim in a 2024 White Sox uniform than a Sal Perez, Elvis Andrus, Grandal or other end of career players. There is possible upside with Tim, even if one considers it slim.

Injuries have played a role the last two seasons and he is motivated to play hard for his 2025 contract if he is able. Tim had a 4.7 bWAR in 2021, and would be worth a prospect or two in July if he can hit the 2-3 + bWAR range in 2024.

Its not as though they are competing next year as acknowledged, and Jerry is just going to pocket most or all of it depending if they sign yet another Elvis type vs. playing your barely AAAA level infielders on the 40 man roster, waiver wire or Rule 5.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Would be nice if Vaughn one year could put up Christian Walker-esque numbers.

33/106 with games left to play.

Also, Twins closing in on 11 games over .500, was always going to take 85-86 or even 87 wins for the AL Central.

Not really, the Guardians and Tigers are 10 games under .500 so 81 wins would probably win the pathetic Central division by 5 games.

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It says how decimated this franchise is when literally every pitcher who threw tonight for them are retreads, has-been's, never was's and dumpster dives.

Just in September these buffoons have allowed at least 10 runs in a game six times.

In my opinion, literally the only guys worth a damn are Clevinger, Cease and maybe Santos. 

Just a horrible pitching staff and an embarrassment, I'm sure some other MLB teams have AAA teams with better pitching staffs than the Sox at the Major league level have right now. It will take a miracle if the Sox are contenders next year as JR and Getz think the Sox can be, the Sox roster is in the worst shape I've ever seen with just a few Major League players on the roster, even worse than the 1970 team.

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

We also know that Sheets Trayce and Andrus are must haves going forward. No room for wasting time on prospects or suspects. No room for Colas either. 

• flavum changed the title to 9/26-28, Sox vs Diamondbacks series
  • Chisoxfn unpinned this topic