9/26-28, Sox vs Diamondbacks series

flavum

The Sox are pounding the pathetic Diamondbacks. This thread will be awfully quiet. Hope @tray enjoyed Eloy's three run blast.

I have my $1 ticket for Thursday, sort of feel guilty paying Jerry that much. Won't buy anything in the stadium, if I have time Red Hot Ranch / 35th Street Red Hots pre game. Also want to hit the Guinness opening at 11 AM, so it's a tight day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox are pounding the pathetic Diamondbacks. This thread will be awfully quiet. Hope @tray enjoyed Eloy's three run blast.

I have my $1 ticket for Thursday, sort of feel guilty paying Jerry that much. Won't buy anything in the stadium, if I have time Red Hot Ranch / 35th Street Red Hots pre game. Also want to hit the Guinness opening at 11 AM, so it's a tight day.

Did I see that $1 ticket came with parking?

• Haha 1

• Quin pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, wegner said:

Did I see that $1 ticket came with parking?

Free scoresheet at guest services, free toilet paper for a limited time in the bathrooms. They may still have free water fountains, not sure.

I believe they are completely closing both the 300 and 500 levels. I’ve only been there when they closed both for the Expos at Marlins played here during a Miami hurricane. Been there many times with 500 closed.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Free scoresheet at guest services, free toilet paper for a limited time in the bathrooms. They may still have free water fountains, not sure.

I believe they are completely closing both the 300 and 500 levels. I’ve only been there when they closed both for the Expos at Marlins played here during a Miami hurricane. Been there many times with 500 closed.

It's cheaper for JR to give away $1 tickets and close the upper levels just so they don't have to pay for staffing, security, cleaning etc in the closed sections.

Seems like Anderson would have 25-30 errors but it's only 15.

Definitely much lower error counts around MLB the last half-decade compared to past days.   CJ Abrams was leading MLB the last time I checked...and it wasn't anywhere close to the 30-45ish errors that SS's used to put up.

Although the White Sox still manage to be a Bottom 5-7 defense nearly every single season...even in this new non-shifting era of the sport.

45 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

It's cheaper for JR to give away $1 tickets and close the upper levels just so they don't have to pay for staffing, security, cleaning etc in the closed sections.

Yes, this was a special circumstance allowing him to do it. There were about 20 in the Club level during Game 1 vs. KC, perhaps 80 or so for Game 2.

500 has been closed weekdays for a few weeks at this stage, only open for Friday-Sunday. They will get a decent crowd if weather is good Saturday for the La Catrina Bobblehead.

I don't expect more than say 5-6K there for Thursday max now that they have scrubbed the season tickets clear with the refunds. Hopefully it gives a chance for lower income folks to enjoy a game for a change.

Sucks that people who would like to plop down a dollar at the window without a credit card and cell phone can't. Doesn't impact me, but there are many Chicagoans who don't have both. Jerry cares more about selling credit card and phone data than accommodating all Chicagoans and future potential fans.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

DJ sounds like he’s done with the Timmy experience

Yes, he is the only game broadcaster willing to speak out during the broadcast. Stone takes pot shots at time on the Score.

I really enjoy Len and DJ, hope they remain a radio team into a new ownership and hopefully solid White Sox baseball.

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

SSHM, how do you find time for your music?  I once thought I was pretty advanced, but you and Wegner are miles ahead of me.  Miles.

• Thanks 1

• flavum changed the title to 9/26-28, Sox vs Diamondbacks series
  • Chisoxfn unpinned this topic