Breaking News - Ozzie gets 3 year contract!

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

Just my opinion of course -

I don't like the move. It's move to please the fans, big deal we'll fill more seats to see Ozzie manage, whether or not he actually does anything productive is another point. Last time i checked Gaston has way more experiencing managing and two rings to prove it (yes ozzie has one but that's mckeon's doing). I don't care about the fans sentimental choice, i wan't someone in here that can win ballgames, and i thought that would be Cito Gaston rather than Ozzie Guillen.

Can Ozzie really motivate the players though?? I mean, i know they will respect him, but how does he do what Jerry couldnt do, get into their heads.

I hope he succeeds though... he's got the talent to work with... and play carlos everyday ozzie!

go sox 2004 + #45!

but how does he do what Jerry couldnt do

Be himself. Be enthusiastic. Stick up for his players.

One thing I know for sure, whether you like Ozzie or not, he will do all three of the above.

JM just sat there like a lummox and the team followed with CorpseBall the majority of the time.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet or not, but I would be willing to bet that the reason Cito Gaston isn't going to be our manager is because this team is going to be completely different than last years team, and Cito had no desire to be a part of a rebuilding process.

Are we certain Cito turned us down? I'm not so sure we would have disclosed that specific of information to a candidate who will probably be talking to other teams as well. Perhaps Cito saw the "negotiations" we had with Colon and took that as a sign the team was going backwards. Or the uncertaintly all around the line up.

I'm hoping Ozzie is the next "Dah Coach". Who knows maybe lightening can strike twice. Who gets to be the Buddy Ryan figure?

I like the move. I always enjoyed Ozzies intensity.

I remember a game up in Milwaukee that I had exelent seats for. I was 1st row next to the WS on-deck circle. Ozzie grounded out hard for the third time and as he ran to the dug out he flung his helmet into the dugout and screamed f*** this mother f***ing game and you could hear him b****ing for a few minutes. Then he was on the dugout steps pleading for some hits.

Be himself. Be enthusiastic. Stick up for his players.

One thing I know for sure, whether you like Ozzie or not, he will do all three of the above.

JM just sat there like a lummox and the team followed with CorpseBall the majority of the time.

From your mouth to God's ears Killa....

Wanna bet the Tribune runs a story about Dusty (who needs a bullpen?) Baker's reaction to the Guillen hiring?

Well, I was wrong. They interviewed Don Kessinger. Now I know he player- managed us a couple of years, but he was a Cub for 12 years. I guess that's as close as they dared go for the Cubs' perspective.