Mike Clevinger declines player option.

WestEddy

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I think the only reason Katz is here is to entice Giolito. We shouldn't be basing anyone coach on a mediocre FA but that's another issue.

Giolito really pissed off JR and vice versa with Lucas' family.

Would be shocked to see a reunion without a bargain/extreme value deal on the table.

11 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Think it may have had something to do with him being put on waivers?

I think the agent said walk.  This is going to be an expensive market for pitchers.  Stroman walked away from $21M. It could be pitchers are looking for long term contracts.

2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

You might be the only person on Earth that’s excited to do that.

I like having the games on radio in the background at home or on walks. It's why I'm not obsessed about the at this point farcical postseason. If I did, I would have jumped on a team with a legitimate owner about the time Jerry replaced Hemond and Dombrowski with Hawk.

Jerry killed my two favorite teams with one stone (1994 Sox and Expos).

On 11/6/2023 at 1:22 AM, Stinky Stanky said:

Think it may have had something to do with him being put on waivers?

Why would giving him a chance to pitch on a competitive team in the pennant run stretch be a reason for him to be angry? I get that every single event must be couched in the most anti-White Sox theories imaginable.

He kept his head down (most of the time), and just pitched. I can see someone taking a flier on a strong #3-4 rotation arm. 

I am curious to see what kind of deal Clevinger gets.  With the baggage, wouldn't be totally shocked to see him go unsigned deep into the offseason and ultimately settle for a 1/$10M type deal.  Kind of why I felt there was a decent chance he would just take option with the Sox to avoid the headache and give himself another year to distance himself from the DV allegations.  His pitching certainly earned himself something more like 2-3 years at $12-14M AAV, but I think its safe to say there are at least some teams that will avoid him.  Doubt he's at the top of anyone's wish list.  

• Like 1