Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Anyone who pitches lots of innings racks up fWAR... We had that with Reynaldo Lopez yearssss back.

I’m aware..but that’s a stat CWS likes, so I cited it.

There are a lot of other actual stats are solid for him. (Just as there are others that suck)

Edited by Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Because you've stated at least twice now that Kremer is the best #4 starter in the league, I decided since I'm snowed in, to waste 1 hour of my life researching this for you and also me.

Rays - Baz/Bradley (I think everyone would take the Rays).

Blue Jays - Kikuchi (Had a .41 better FIP than Kremer)

Yankees - Stroman (Yankees easy here, obviously).

Red Sox - Houck (I'll give Kremer the win here, despite Houck having a better FIP). +1

Twins - I don't think they even have one yet. (Kremer obvious win here). +1

Tigers - Faedo (Kremer easy win here) +1

Guardians - Logan Allen (I'd take Allen here pretty easily)

White Sox - Soroka (Obvious Kremer win here) +1

Royals - Lynch (Kremer easy win) +1

Astros - Urquidy (I would take Urquidy here given a better track record, but I'll call it a 'push') +.5

Rangers - Jon Gray/Mahle (Rangers win here pretty easily)

Mariners - Woo/Miller (Easy Mariners win)

Angels - Sandova (Kremer win here) +1

Athletics - Not even wasting my time. (Kremer win) +1

Braves - Sale (Braves win)

Phillies - Suarez (Pretty easy Suarez win)

Marlins - Garrett (Braxton garrett breakthrough last 2 years. win marlins)

Mets - Quintana (This is an easy Quintana win given the track record)

Nationals - Corbin (Easy Kremer win) +1

Brewers - Miley (This is a Miley win assuming health)

Cubs - Shoto Imanga (I'll give this to Kremer since Imanga is a wild card, and I'm being nice). +1

Reds - Lively (Kremer win) +1

Pirates - Oviedo (Oviedo had a slightly better FIP, I'm going 'push' here) +.5

Cardinals - Gibson (former Oriole, easy win for Gibson)

Dodgers - Not wasting my time (They have 10 better probably lol. Kremer loss)

Diamonbacks - Pfaadt (Give me Pfaadt all day)

Padres - Waldron (Kremer win) +1

Giants - Ray (Ray easy)

Rockies - Hudson (Kremer easy) +1

So by the count of this, I personally have Kremer better than 13 other #4 (per depth charts currently).  This ranks him #17, which is indeed close to #1, like you insinuated, if you remove the 7.

I am mad you made me do this.  But you made me.

SD is not going to go into the season with Waldron in the rotation or they're going to be in huge trouble right off the bat.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

image.png

That doesn’t say he’s the best 4th starter. That’s saying most teams don’t have 4 better starters. There is a difference there. 

It’s also subjective who is a 4th starter on every team…there are a lot of factors there.  There may be teams with 4 starters with more talent.  He mentioned Baz (who hasn’t pitched) and Bradley and that anyone would take them. Sure, you would rather have them talent wise but obviously Kremer was the better pitcher last year (and the year before) and he’s the better bet entering 2024 as well.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

That doesn’t say he’s the best 4th starter. That’s saying most teams don’t have 4 better starters. There is a difference there. 

It’s also subjective who is a 4th starter on every team…there are a lot of factors there. 

So no one has a better one, but he is not the best one?  Come on man.  You can't be serious with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s also subjective who is a 4th starter on every team…there are a lot of factors there. 

'if any' would insinuate that there may be none better than him.  I have him ranked around 17 it appears.  The majority of the ones he is better than are coincidentally bad teams.  It seems most of the 'better teams' have better #4 starters.

On 1/17/2024 at 10:30 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So yea, any offer that starts with Jones/Hampton beats any Orioles offering under the assumption that the top 3/4 are off limits. Will the Yankees cave on Getz’s demand for two premium prospects? Guess we’ll find out over the next 3 weeks…

In a word NO

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I agree with Sports Guy. 

That list didn't account for all the teams with #4 starters better than him but #1 and #2 starters worse than him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

'if any' would insinuate that there may be none better than him.  I have him ranked around 17 it appears.  The majority of the ones he is better than are coincidentally bad teams.  It seems most of the 'better teams' have better #4 starters.

But your ranking is your opinion. For example, (I edited) you mentioned the Rays. You may prefer their talent but it’s absurd to say Bradley or Baz are better than Kremer. There is no evidence that shows that to be true.

They may end up better and I would rather take a chance on their talent compared to Kremer but saying they are currently better is just flat out wrong.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

But you ranking is your opinion. For example, (I edited) you mentioned the Rays. You may prefer their talent but it’s absurd to say Bradley or Baz are better than Kremer. There is no evidence that shows that to be true.

They may end up better and I would rather take a chance on their talent compared to Kremer but saying they are currently better is just flat out wrong.

Okay fine.  I'll move Kremer up to #16 just for you <3. He's getting closer to your #1 spot!!

On 1/17/2024 at 10:37 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Sure but many Orioles fans have said Westburg and Kjerstad are off limits. Many don’t mind giving Cowser because he sucked in a short mlb stint last season. “Some” also don’t mind giving Ortiz for obvious reasons. Again, trading for a guy like Cease is going to hurt and giving up your “spare” parts certainly doesn’t hurt. If only spare parts are being offered then it’s obvious the Orioles won’t be acquiring Cease or any other comparable pitcher that might be available.

Here ……

There’s growing belief the White Sox could hold onto Dylan Cease until the trade deadline. The Orioles have the best prospects but don’t want to part with top infield prospect Jordan Westburg.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/sports/astros-emerging-as-possible-josh-hader-fit-in-mlb-free-agency/

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So no one has a better one, but he is not the best one?  Come on man.  You can't be serious with that.

Your fixated on the #4 starter thing.  It’s the idea that teams don’t have 4 starters in their rotation better Kremer. Hell, only 44 starters in all of MLb even qualified in 2023. Being durable and throwing innings matters.

Im not talking talent. Squirming wants to bring up FIP, which is a poor way to judge this because the FIp is a predictive stat. I am talking about actual production.  For example, of the pitchers who even threw just 100 innings last year, which was 120 players, he was 63rd in ERA.  That is a measure of what he actually did.

Your fixated on the #4 starter thing.  It’s the idea that teams don’t have 4 starters in their rotation better Kremer. Hell, only 44 starters in all of MLb even qualified in 2023. Being durable and throwing innings matters.

Im not talking talent. Squirming wants to bring up FIP, which is a poor way to judge this because the FIp is a predictive stat. I am talking about actual production.  For example, of the pitchers who even threw just 100 innings last year, which was 120 players, he was 63rd in ERA.  That is a measure of what he actually did.

You the one out here saying it.  Stop gaslighting other people for pointing out the holes in your arguments.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I absolutely love that a predictive stat is not relevant to predicting which 4th starters will be better next year and the most important thing to look at is whether they were a qualified pitcher last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Better odds of happening than the Orioles trading Santander and spare parts for Luzardo 😂 

Who said that….Are you guys really stooping low enough to actually make s%*# up. Talk about lack of integrity. 

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You the one out here saying it.  Stop gaslighting other people for pointing out the holes in your arguments.

You keep jumping in here with your horrible take.  What analysis are you providing in this discussion exactly?

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Better odds of happening than the Orioles trading Santander and spare parts for Luzardo 😂 

So for the record here is what I said …… 

Cowser and Ortiz are a fine starter to any deal. If they value Santander great, if they don’t you move on to Mountcastle, Hays, Urias as other options. If not you can offer other prospects to be the 3, 4, and possibly 5th parts. But again Cowser is ranked high enough to be the headliner even if some have soured on him here. 

Also said this …..

No where did I say that they’d take Santander as the headliner. But, Cowser, Norby, Santander, Povich/McDermott, and a lottery ticket might work. 

Perhaps you should spend more time getting your facts right.

Edited by Rolle Tide

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You keep jumping in here with your horrible take.  What analysis are you providing in this discussion exactly?

If holding you to your words is a "horrible take" that is more of a problem with yourself than anyone else.  Or at least that should be how you take it.  This is a pattern of you throwing some ridiculous hot take out there, getting called on it, denying it, and then blaming someone else for taking you at your word.  Maybe that flies other places, but this isn't reddit or twitter.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And here come the insults

What insults? Here accused me of saying something I didn’t and adding stupid emojis to get rep votes from guys like you. He was wrong and what he said was categorically untrue.Im calling him out for telling a lie. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic