Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What are you taking about? DL Hall has a 7.71 ERA. He’s worse than Chris Flexen and it’s not even close tbh.

You must not have read my previous posts.  I said I was never a fan of Hall.  The Orioles hyped up a mediocre reliever as a potential starter.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

You must not have read my previous posts.  I said I was never a fan of Hall.  The Orioles hyped up a mediocre reliever as a potential starter.

What Orioles castaways are you talking about then? Ortiz and Hall were the only ones sent in that deal. So one is a decent utility player and one is a terrible long reliever. And you’re impressed with how well their castaways are doing. What am I missing?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What Orioles castaways are you talking about then? Ortiz and Hall were the only ones sent in that deal. So one is a decent utility player and one is a terrible long reliever. And you’re impressed with how well their castaways are doing. What am I missing?

Sorry, I should have said Orioles prospects.  I never liked Hall.  I guess they were smart afterall to never offer Getz Cowser for Cease.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sorry, I should have said Orioles prospects.  I never liked Hall.

As for me, I’m surprised by how god awful Jackson Holliday has been. I thought this guy was a shoe in for AL ROTY?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sorry, I should have said Orioles prospects.  I never liked Hall.  I guess they were smart afterall to never offer Getz Cowser for Cease.

Meh, Cowser is coming back down to earth in a hurry after a ridiculous start to the season. Let’s see where he’s at in a few months.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

As for me, I’m surprised by how god awful Jackson Holliday has been. I thought this guy was a shoe in for AL ROTY?

2 hits in 34 at bats.  Was it Robin Ventura who had a terrible start to his rookie season?

But he is only 20.  I’m sure he will pan out eventually.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

2 hits in 34 at bats.  Was it Robin Ventura who had a terrible start to his rookie season?

But he is only 20.  I’m sure he will pan out eventually.

Point is, Orioles (and MLB’s) top prospect didn’t look good in his first mlb stint so not ALL orioles prospects are looking good this season. You choose to focus on the positives for other teams and disregard the negatives. For the Sox, you choose to only focus on the negatives and disregard the positives. I guess that’s your schtick.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s a cheap controllable reliever with a career ERA in the mid 3’s. He stays healthy and continues this level of production for two months he’ll return a 45 FV prospect. Not bad for a 4th piece in the Cease trade no?

I can't wait for Jorbit Vivas or Javier Vaz to join the org.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Point is, Orioles (and MLB’s) top prospect didn’t look good in his first mlb stint so not ALL orioles prospects are looking good this season. You choose to focus on the positives for other teams and disregard the negatives. For the Sox, you choose to only focus on the negatives and disregard the positives. I guess that’s your schtick.

Okay, what are the positives that I have missed for the Sox?  Wilson has looked good.  I did like his inclusion in the Cease trade from the start.  I didn’t think Fedde would have been as good as he has so far.  Not sure who else I have missed.  Sheets had a hot start but is cratering as fast as you say Cowser is.  Sorry, not a Sheets believer.  Not buying him being good at all.

The negatives have outweighed the positives for the Sox.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Okay, what are the positives that I have missed for the Sox?  Wilson has looked good.  I did like his inclusion in the Cease trade from the start.  I didn’t think Fedde would have been as good as he has so far.  Not sure who else I have missed.  The negatives have outweighed the positives for the Sox.

Specific to this trade, have you said anything positive about Thorpe or Iriarte? If I remember correctly, you were railing on Thorpe after his one bad spring training start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Specific to this trade, have you said anything positive about Thorpe or Iriarte? If I remember correctly, you were railing on Thorpe after his one bad spring training start.

I thought we were talking about the big league team here.  Thorpe’s awful start was a bit ironically humorous because he was great all ST and everyone was expecting him to make the opening day roster and then he got absolutely lit up by the Guardians.  But no, that one ST start didn’t make me think he was a bust prospect or anything like that.

53 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Or Tatis Jr.

Sure, I'll trust the guy who couldn't develop LatAm signings outside of a $52M signing in Luis Robert, Oscar Colas (expensive signing with NPB experience that he now hates), Lenyn Sosa (now doghoused), and hopefully Bryan Ramos to find a Tatis Jr.

34 minutes ago, Quin said:

Sure, I'll trust the guy who couldn't develop LatAm signings outside of a $52M signing in Luis Robert, Oscar Colas (expensive signing with NPB experience that he now hates), Lenyn Sosa (now doghoused), and hopefully Bryan Ramos to find a Tatis Jr.

I mean if we’re going to be dramatic about all this then I will too. Bound to get lucky eventually if they trade their vets in two months for half a dozen 40/45 FV prospects.