Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The big thing is Cease doesn't miss appearances.   He's there every five days.  Three straight years of 30 plus starts in his 1st three seasons.  Even his seemingly league average season last year was largely drive by a terrible defense which stuck him with almost an extra run per game over expected.

Agreed, although I worry about ceases long term durability given his frame. 

Cease isn't bad and 30+ starts three years in a row is awesome. I just always wanted to move cease. You can't be a #1 in this game if you can't get out of the sixth inning and he'll warrant #1 money for a lot of other reasons.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Agreed, although I worry about ceases long term durability given his frame. 

Cease isn't bad and 30+ starts three years in a row is awesome. I just always wanted to move cease. You can't be a #1 in this game if you can't get out of the sixth inning and he'll warrant #1 money for a lot of other reasons.

In this day and age, it isn't as big of a deal as it once was, then again neither is only pitching half seasons.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

In this day and age, it isn't as big of a deal as it once was, then again neither is only pitching half seasons.

Yeah, this is true for some. The reason I wanted Wheeler so badly is because he was a true ace unicorn; deep into games, big innings and efficient. Those are the only starters I would pay big money. 

Wheeler a great example of why injuries are not predictive too; hurt a lot in his 20s and I think he'll be the best work horse in the game for a 6-8 year period (he's in year 4 now). Limiting innings due to injuries in your youth isn't actually a horrible thing.

Crochet really efficient, big and commands the zone. He's got a lot of the attributes I look for in guys which is why he has me so hyped. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run