Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

Well now that it’s too quiet in here, I think we need some Red Sox board posters to exchange stubborn and definitive statements with. There are more subjective arguments to be had!

That was interesting for about 3 volleys. Then the "our #15 prospect is like any other organization's generational #1 talent" BS kicks in, and it's just another braying sports dude wish-casting. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That was interesting for about 3 volleys. Then the "our #15 prospect is like any other organization's generational #1 talent" BS kicks in, and it's just another braying sports dude wish-casting. 

I enjoyed reading the back and forth and hearing the Baltimore perspective from a couple intelligent/non meatball fans, but ultimately it comes down to they value their guys more than we do, just like we value our guy more than they do. Typical fandom stuff.

No one’s necessarily right or wrong, but when no one’s budging on their views, it just becomes using different words to make the same arguments over and over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Likely disinformation.

After all even more control = more cost.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

What do you think the return for a Cease trade would look like? How many top 100 prospects, etc.?

Maybe one back end T100, an interesting guy and a couple lotto ticket players. 

So, like Ortiz would be the best player coming back from the Orioles. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Don’t let balta and the Orioles posters undervalue Cease.

I don't get that whole mindset. So many articles have been written by dudes who make a living tracking and caring about this stuff. And they surmise the price for Cease will be 2 top 100's maybe one right behind that, and a lotto ticket. I haven't seen anything written anywhere that shows grave concern about a possible injury or old age that skewed Cease's 2023. It's all about mechanics that are easily worked on, and 2022 is a view of what his ceiling is. 

Just now, WestEddy said:

I don't get that whole mindset. So many articles have been written by dudes who make a living tracking and caring about this stuff. And they surmise the price for Cease will be 2 top 100's maybe one right behind that, and a lotto ticket. 

Can you point me to these articles?  I’m interested to see what objective third parties have said.   I haven’t seen too much written about it.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Can you point me to these articles?  I’m interested to see what objective third parties have said.   I haven’t seen too much written about it.

No. Look it up on MLBTR. I read one there, but their search function is chaos. Sports Guy and James Fox just had a conversation where they both agreed on a probable package. Every blogger for multiple teams has written a column on possible Cease trade packages. Really, Google "Cease trade package" and read away. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

So why blast me for not understanding or liking the strategy?

They trade Cease, while it's a tank move, at least what you get back you can expect to be good. There is not 1 playet Getz has signed or traded for yet, you can EXPECT  to be good Right now it looks like they are trying to be historically bad.

Not trying to blast you - more just saying, “yup, we all get it and know.”

12 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

No. Look it up on MLBTR. I read one there, but their search function is chaos. Sports Guy and James Fox just had a conversation where they both agreed on a probable package. Every blogger for multiple teams has written a column on possible Cease trade packages. Really, Google "Cease trade package" and read away. 

I did, and found a Sports Illustrated piece saying the White Sox should “jump at” a package of Joey Ortiz, Kyle Stowers, Justin Armbruester, Trace Bright, and Jud Fabian.  https://www.si.com/mlb/orioles/news/could-this-orioles-trade-package-land-white-sox-ace-cease-brad9

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

Giolito got that for two months   Don’t let balta and the Orioles posters undervalue Cease.

They're getting a price for 2023 Cease not 2022 Cease. 

Nobody is paying 2022 prices because he had his worst year since he was a rookie instead of backing up his 2022 with another CY caliber season. 

I mean really, he's only had one good year. 

His 2021 and 2023 are Javy Vazquez esque. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I did, and found a Sports Illustrated piece saying the White Sox should “jump at” a package of Joey Ortiz, Kyle Stowers, Justin Armbruester, Trace Bright, and Jud Fabian.  https://www.si.com/mlb/orioles/news/could-this-orioles-trade-package-land-white-sox-ace-cease-brad9

Touché…..almost. Check out the author…

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I did, and found a Sports Illustrated piece saying the White Sox should “jump at” a package of Joey Ortiz, Kyle Stowers, Justin Armbruester, Trace Bright, and Jud Fabian.

Oh, so you found one guy on the entire internet, and strangely enough, he supports your view. That's great. Well, if the Orioles are so elite at drafting and developing players, it's weird they would even waste their time on a trade. 

26 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

They're getting a price for 2023 Cease not 2022 Cease. 

Nobody is paying 2022 prices because he had his worst year since he was a rookie instead of backing up his 2022 with another CY caliber season. 

I mean really, he's only had one good year. 

His 2021 and 2023 are Javy Vazquez esque. 

4.5 and 3.7 fWAR seasons aren't good?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Oh, so you found one guy on the entire internet, and strangely enough, he supports your view. That's great. Well, if the Orioles are so elite at drafting and developing players, it's weird they would even waste their time on a trade. 

To be fair, Frobby has been a reasonable poster. Don’t indict him with Sports Guy’s arrogance. 

I don’t think he intended to post an article from an Orioles’ fan on Fansided. I’m choosing to believe he was focusing on the “SI” portion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic