Sox Sign Erick Fedde - 2 years, $15 million

Heads22

You never know how these guys will translate, really have to depend on your scouting.

With the White Sox as the most (only?) aggressive suitor, unfortunately I have to believe it's more likely a bad signing. I highly doubt they even got a live look at him.

But whatever, hope I'm wrong.

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

You never know how these guys will translate, really have to depend on your scouting.

With the White Sox as the most (only?) aggressive suitor, unfortunately I have to believe it's more likely a bad signing. I highly doubt they even got a live look at him.

The Mets were clearly interested in him, that was leaked yesterday along with a dollar amount. The White Sox seemingly had to come back and beat that dollar amount.

It's a sensible gamble, if he has a great first half he's easily moveable, if he's terrible then it's a minor loss, and hopefully he at least becomes a moveable contract by the middle of the year.

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Mets were clearly interested in him, that was leaked yesterday along with a dollar amount. The White Sox seemingly had to come back and beat that dollar amount.

It's a sensible gamble, if he has a great first half he's easily moveable, if he's terrible then it's a minor loss, and hopefully he at least becomes a moveable contract by the middle of the year.

Oh I agree. Just saying, the next time the Sox figure something out that no one else knows in Asia will be the first time

• Like 1

Just now, Eminor3rd said:

Oh I agree. Just saying, the next time the Sox figure something out that no one else knows in Asia will be the first time

this seems like the work of Bannister, based on his twitter post shared in this thread, more than the 'Sox' generally. I'm optimistic about the move, he seems like a diamond in the rough, and now Bannister's so-called "pitching lab" will be put to the test. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Mets were in at around $10 million and two years.

Still significantly less than Lynn Severino Montas, etc.

5 minutes ago, nrockway said:

this seems like the work of Bannister, based on his twitter post shared in this thread, more than the 'Sox' generally. I'm optimistic about the move, he seems like a diamond in the rough, and now Bannister's so-called "pitching lab" will be put to the test. 

At least we are attempting to actually have an approach for the first time since the height of the Don Cooper years at the big league level.

• Like 5

• Heads22 unpinned this topic