Hunter Renfroe to KC

Sleepy Harold

Now we're getting outspent by the Royals this offseason...that's a pretty big accomplishment, to lose a two-team race to the bottom.

It's pretty preposterous to think Getz hitting the ground running is providing any significant advantage when they're not even attempting to compete in the first place.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Now we're getting outspent by the Royals this offseason...that's a pretty big accomplishment, to lose a two-team race to the bottom.

It's pretty preposterous to think Getz hitting the ground running is providing any significant advantage when they're not even attempting to compete in the first place.

Jerry explained the amount of payroll to be cut, and Getz hit the ground running.

Would a qualified external person accept the job, knowing the Sox would likely tank throughout most or all of the entire length of their contract?

Still an upgrade for Jerry over Hahn, who wasted $60M during the 2017-2019 tanking seasons.

44 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry explained the amount of payroll to be cut, and Getz hit the ground running.

Would a qualified external person accept the job, knowing the Sox would likely tank throughout most or all of the entire length of their contract?

Still an upgrade for Jerry over Hahn, who wasted $60M during the 2017-2019 tanking seasons.

There’s probably more people than we’d expect to take a chance as a GM for a pro ball team regardless of the situation. 

I don’t think you can say Getz is better than Hahn yet. Different? Yes. But better? I need to see more from him. He was not even qualified for the job IMO, but Jerry wanted a singular yes man and he got it. The biggest question is whether he can learn to operate in the restrictions that Jerry puts on him - something Hahn could never learn to do.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

who gives a rip.  These players the Royals are bringing in are all past their primes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I don’t understand the mindset of the front office right now, are they going to try to put a competitive team on the field or are we in for a tank job.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

If they are tanking then a whole lot of bodies need to be moved, I haven’t seen that yet. 

Huh? This team is already worse than looking than last year (except maybe defensively).

Some of these guys they would be possibly selling low on (Eloy). Might as well see if he can hit for a couple months and deal in June/July. Same goes for Moncada. No immediate prospect banging on the door to start there opening day.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I don’t understand the mindset of the front office right now, are they going to try to put a competitive team on the field or are we in for a tank job.

They are waiting for something to happen they just don't know what. Chris knows ?? what about making a big trade. Pedro knew nothing about managing veteran short hitters. Jerry sight-seeing at the Grand Ole Opry. Jason jumps ship to Motown. Stone Pony and TLDR sending emoji to JR about fixing the team. They might stumble onto 63 wins if all goes right. 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

is the Royals new starting rotation better than the Sox? We shoulda paid Clevinger. In theory it's a possible nice 1-2 punch in Cease-Clevinger and we have Kopech still if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by greg775
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

is the Royals new starting rotation better than the Sox? We shoulda paid Clevinger. In theory it's a possible nice 1-2 punch in Cease-Clevinger and we have Kopech still if i'm not mistaken.

And one of the worst starting lineups in baseball at the moment...along with no bullpen.  No bench.  If they trade Eloy, the second best power hitter would be Vaughn Moncada or Sheets...who would have been waived by 27+ other teams.