2024 Old Sock Drawer

Quin

Reylo with a third solid start vs. the Astros. The anemic Sox offense is the only one to score against him (1ER) in 18IP/3GS.

Aaron Bummer got called in to finish up a 6-0 Braves lead in the 9th and gave up 2ER before getting the hook at 25 pitches after a two out walk. He actually was luckier than usual with some hard hit balls finding gloves:

bummer-contact.jpg

16 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Reylo with a third solid start vs. the Astros. The anemic Sox offense is the only one to score against him (1ER) in 18IP/3GS.

Aaron Bummer got called in to finish up a 6-0 Braves lead in the 9th and gave up 2ER before getting the hook at 25 pitches after a two out walk. He actually was luckier than usual with some hard hit balls finding gloves:

bummer-contact.jpg

ReyLo wasn't good enough to start for us and Chavez (1.08 ERA) wasn't good enough to make the team.

Some orgs are just better than others.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

ReyLo wasn't good enough to start for us and Chavez (1.08 ERA) wasn't good enough to make the team.

Some orgs are just better than others.

Unless the Braves' special org magic only works on former White Sox RHP specifically, I would expect Reylo to regress toward the mean just as I would expect Fried (8.74 ERA), Sale, and Morton to not look as rough as they have so far this season.

I mean, maybe they do have something special with Chavez since all of his best stints over a 15 year career are with Atlanta...but I have absolutely no complaints about him not being on this roster lol.

• Like 1

Let it fly: Age has taken its toll on the 37-year-old Abreu, but his barrel rate was still a respectable 8.7% last season before dropping to 0.0% this year. If he’s able to mitigate the effects of aging later this season, finding a way to catch up fastballs will likely be necessary. He’s whiffed on 47.4% of swings against four-seamers this year, nearly double his 24.3% rate from a year ago.

mlb.com

Farthest hit ball of the season a nearly 340 foot double...no homers yet, though.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I know Fletcher has turned around slightly and Mena's ERA has gone up from 0, but to be fair, Fletcher's ERA has also gone up.

Just an awful trade considering the state of this franchise. Like I said, would have been perfectly fine with this moving going into 2021.

But now? I fail to see the long term goals with this move. And you can't even use the excuse about his fastball velocity when they turn around and trade for a Drew Thorpe.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Quin said:

Padres gonna get a haul from the Orioles.

Okay, since we are all familiar with Baltimore's farm system, what kind of haul can they get from them?

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Okay, since we are all familiar with Baltimore's farm system, what kind of haul can they get from them?

Holliday, Kjerstad, and believe it or not, Corbin Burnes