Chasing Records

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Most Campfire Shakes sold...

Most roster moves/transactions.

Lowest OPS/OBP, pretty much any offensive statistics on record.

Most bullpen innings (after Crochet comes to an inevitable end at some point).

Most K's/least walks.

Fewest homers in new stadium.

First one is what Jerry cares most about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

First one is what Jerry cares most about.

What is a campfire shake? Could it battle Italian Beef and Chicago dogs and pizza for a fave type food known only to Chicago? What are the ingredients. Would u prefer a shake or a beer?

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

What is a campfire shake? Could it battle Italian Beef and Chicago dogs and pizza for a fave type food known only to Chicago? What are the ingredients. Would u prefer a shake or a beer?

Mostly ice cream and bits of burnt logs and ash.

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:02 PM, Paulie4Pres said:

I think we can all agree that this is one of the worst White Sox teams ever assembled. I say we have some fun with it. So, let's hear it. What records in futility can the Sox realistically chase this season?

Consecutive losses to start a season?

Least runs scored in a season? 

Most times swept in a season?

Lowest team batting average?

Most times striking out?

Least number of walks?

Most losses for a White Sox team?

Most times shutout?

Lowest attendance?

• Thanks 1

With this team losing their top three offensive players, along with Moncada and Robert’s gloves, rolling out a AAA lineup, likely having only two good starting pitchers, a questionable bullpen, and one of the worst managers in MLB history, I am updating my Spring Training prediction of 62-100 to setting the franchise record for lowest winning percentage, topping the 1932 Sox team that finished 49-102 for a .325 winning percentage.  .325 over a 162 game season would be 52-53 wins, which I now believe to be within reach.  This will be the worst team in franchise history.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

With this team losing their top three offensive players, along with Moncada and Robert’s gloves, rolling out a AAA lineup, likely having only two good starting pitchers, a questionable bullpen, and one of the worst managers in MLB history, I am updating my Spring Training prediction of 62-100 to setting the franchise record for lowest winning percentage, topping the 1932 Sox team that finished 49-102 for a .325 winning percentage.  .325 over a 162 game season would be 52-53 wins, which I now believe to be within reach.  This will be the worst team in franchise history.

This team will lose more than the 2003 Tigers.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But remember last August JR said he hired Getz because he didn't want to waste a year with a newcomer having to learn everything. 😆

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Here’s one: most games started by a pitcher in the modern era. That record belongs to knuckleballer Phil Niekro. He started 44 games in 1979.

Garrett Crochet gets his 4th start this Saturday in the Sox 14th game of the season. If they maintain a 4 man rotation, maybe Garrett can match Phil’s 44 this season.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Here’s one: most games started by a pitcher in the modern era. That record belongs to knuckleballer Phil Niekro. He started 44 games in 1979.

Garrett Crochet gets his 4th start this Saturday in the Sox 14th game of the season. If they maintain a 4 man rotation, maybe Garrett can match Phil’s 44 this season.

This is sarcasm right? Crochett probably gets shutdown by July.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

Can we add a clause that if the all-time record for most losses or worst winning percentage is reached by this club, the owner is forced to sell the team? That would be the only silver lining to this dumpster fire of a season, and I'd root for 2-160 at that point. It's not like this level of futility is even going to result in the #1 pick.

Posted (edited)

White Sox stay on pace for 60 shutouts this season, by being shutout in 7 out of 19 games.🤡

This team is also setting the record for worst 162 game season. It's in the bag. No chance they win 43 games.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

35 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

White Sox stay on pace for 60 shutouts this season, by being shutout in 7 out of 19 games.🤡

This team is also setting the record for worst 162 game season. It's in the bag. No chance they win 43 games.

The first one is in the bag. I still don’t think the second one is happening.

1 minute ago, Milkman delivers said:

The first one is in the bag. I still don’t think the second one is happening.

I would almost put money on it. How are they going to improve and win games? Where is help coming from offensively?  If anything, the pitchers pitching well will turn back into pumpkins, when they realize this team couldn't score in a Tijuana whorehouse with a fistful of hundred dollar bills. Once the reality sets in that they are likely to lose every time they take the field, things are going to snowball. There's no light at the end of the tunnel for this team. There are no reinforcements coming.

7 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I would almost put money on it. How are they going to improve and win games? Where is help coming from offensively?  If anything, the pitchers pitching well will turn back into pumpkins, when they realize this team couldn't score in a Tijuana whorehouse with a fistful of hundred dollar bills. Once the reality sets in that they are likely to lose every time they take the field, things are going to snowball. There's no light at the end of the tunnel for this team. There are no reinforcements coming.

I guess I don’t have a good reason. I just don’t think they can have the worst record in all of baseball history. Just seems impossible.

• Paper Bag 1

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

How long does this need to go on before Pedro is fired? This isn’t a rough start, this is an absolute abomination. They have to do something. 

He's being saved for the end of the season as the fall guy.  Jerry saves money and gets to blame Grifol for everything he and Getz fucked up this past offseason.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, T R U said:

How long does this need to go on before Pedro is fired? This isn’t a rough start, this is an absolute abomination. They have to do something. 

Memorial Day weekend

• Like 1
  • Love 1