Tommy Pham Rumor Thread

At least management knows this team will be historically bad. Why else would they be signing free agents like Pham and Clevinger? The fact that they're trying to save face from being historically awful at least proves they are capable of shame. 

5 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I like this corner outfielder quick fix much more than the $75 million tin man.

Just because Benintendi's contract exists doesn't mean you should sign another old player, with a reputation as a hot head (culture!!!) when you're in rebuilding mode.

Getz's moves get to be judged based on his merit, not KW/Hahn.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Quin said:

Just because Benintendi's contract exists doesn't mean you should sign another old player, with a reputation as a hot head (culture!!!) when you're in rebuilding mode.

Oh I totally agree, my point is just that Pham is probably a better baseball player at 1/100th of the cost and I wanted to pile on Rick Hahn a little bit. Absolutely pointless to sign him, though maybe that hot head energy can breathe some life into the team. I'll take bat flippers over sad sacks. 

1 hour ago, Sambuca said:

I’m okay with hiring Tommy Pham to come in this clubhouse and start slapping some people in the face.

Might even be the best hitter on the team while he’s at it. 

DVS has a story out now where he spoke with Crochet who said it's time for the Sox to start getting angry.

Don't know if that will do any good or what may be going on in the clubhouse that caused Crochet to say that. (The assumption is that maybe things are to laid-back right now causing him to say that.)

You also wonder if Grifol has already lost the clubhouse.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

DVS has a story out now where he spoke with Crochet who said it's time for the Sox to start getting angry.

Don't know if that will do any good or what may be going on in the clubhouse that caused Crochet to say that. (The assumption is that maybe things are to laid-back right now causing him to say that.)

You have to have had something, in order to lose it. This clown was a failure from day 1.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ooooh, is Crochet going to be the new fall guy when it comes to culture?

God damn do I feel bad for him.

49 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

1.  Things he mention when he was hired about things he seen from the basement dugout about the team. 

2. "I didn't like the team".

He's quite clueless on what to say in our sensitive society.

Plus he was eager and foolish enough to take on a team full of head cases.   That's not something for a manager with no experience.  This season is set up to where he can't really fail nor really succeed.

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's if he ever 'had the clubhouse' in the first place, and from the evidence of last season that is doubtful.

11 hours ago, Quin said:

This team isn't in 'rebuilding mode' yet, it is still tearing down and putting in a few rickety old props to try to stop the whole house falling down.

10 hours ago, Chimpton said:

This team isn't in 'rebuilding mode' yet, it is still tearing down and putting in a few rickety old props to try to stop the whole house falling down.

The house has already collapsed and the property value has plummeted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

The house has already collapsed and the property value has plummeted.

I believe the house has collapsed, the entire plot of land has disappeared into a sink hole and someone threw a stick of dynamite down into the hole.

• Haha 1