Fan since 1993

On 4/10/2024 at 2:45 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, uhhh, no.  Just give it time, and not much at all.

SO what I'm gathering is that you have a better idea of who to play to replace the recently deceased.

All I'm expecting is better than 1 and 8 in the next  9 games to be able to say they did better without those guys since they are 1-0 already  without them once Moncada went down yesterday and they were without all 3 of them. The rest of the season you just play matchups and hope for a good showing. It would be best if Eloy can come back and hit like he's supposed  to before he gets injured again.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Do any of you know someone in your personal life who is extremely cheap? It’s like a disease. They put so much effort into acquiring their money and keeping it that when they’ve reached the point of being able to spend some of it to enjoy themselves or better their life, they just can’t let it go.

That’s how I view JR. He could spend a little bit more money in the right spots (scouting, analytics, etc.) and improve his product exponentially which will lead to more revenue. He simply can’t bring himself to let go of that money.

Yep, and then they die with all that money and their worthless, lazy children inherit it all and spend it.  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2024 at 8:14 AM, Falstaff said:

1970 was by far the worse season I can remember, 106 losses.  I will never quit being a Sox fan no matter what. When I am and dead and gone my obit will give the Sox a shout out. 

I was in high school that year and players like Luis Aparicio, Ed Herrmann, Wilbur Wood, Tommy John, Carlos May, Bill Melton, Walt Williams, and my favorite Ken Berry made it fun for me . the stadium was mostly empty and sometimes they would come over and talk . I loved those guys.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 4/10/2024 at 8:14 AM, Falstaff said:

1970 was by far the worse season I can remember, 106 losses.  I will never quit being a Sox fan no matter what. When I am and dead and gone my obit will give the Sox a shout out. 

Same here, I was 11 in 1970 and my love for the SOx has never wavered. Not to say Ive never gotten pissed.. I will always bleed the SIlver & Black as piss poor as they are these days

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 1:33 PM, Milkman delivers said:

Do any of you know someone in your personal life who is extremely cheap? It’s like a disease.

I am a lot of (bad) things but one thing I'm not is cheap. And yes I ALWAYS notice which of my friends/fam are cheap. No biggie. But if I go to lunch with let's say up to 3 other people I dive on the check. If it's one person I dive on the check. My dad was like that and I picked it up from him. I just want to pay for my friends or fam who dine with me. Now if it's ridiculous, 4, 5, 6 people of course we'll get separate checks. But when I see somebody counting pennies so to speak I feel sorry for them.

I will say if I dine with somebody 3-4 times and I pay every time of course I'll make them pay just to make it not weird. I mean paying for a friend every single time is weird. But I agree, cheapness is a disease. U make money to spend it.

• Like 1

As fans what are we supposed to do though? I have been a dedicated Sox fan since 96. This team is just brutal to watch but my heart isn't going to let me root for another team, and I like baseball too much to move on.

I've said I won't attend games or support them until Jerry is gone, but I know that isn't true either. I'll still want to take the family out to the diamond because that's what we do and its who we are. 

Guess we will attend more Gary Railcats games this year LOL

3 hours ago, Slayer12 said:

As fans what are we supposed to do though? I have been a dedicated Sox fan since 96. This team is just brutal to watch but my heart isn't going to let me root for another team, and I like baseball too much to move on.

I've said I won't attend games or support them until Jerry is gone, but I know that isn't true either. I'll still want to take the family out to the diamond because that's what we do and its who we are. 

Guess we will attend more Gary Railcats games this year LOL

As you get older you learn to realize these guys we (used to) root for couldn’t give a rats rear end about the fans and your attachment to the team wanes. 

I realize that’s not universally true but is certainly true with most the fans or former fans I know.  They’ve moved on to other teams and are not unhappy.  Life’s too short to let entertainment be anything other than that.

• Like 1