4/14 Reds @ Sox 1:10

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

With a 1.7 whip. I like Bummer, and I think the Sox did fine on that trade. Soroka has been disappointing but Soroka, Schuster and Shewmake alone were a very reasonable gamble. 

The trade isn’t going to be a big win or loss either way…I just find it amusing that Chris Getz would refer to the return as foundational.

• Like 1

I suppose if the pitchers are going to do this, we don't really need to carry Maldonado's .082, or whatever he's hitting. I'd rather see Chuckie Robinson and Lee nurture this staff. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestEddy said:

I suppose if the pitchers are going to do this, we don't really need to carry Maldonado's .082, or whatever he's hitting. I'd rather see Chuckie Robinson and Lee nurture this staff. 

There has to be some catcher out there (and likely within the org) who can handle a pitching staff without being terrible at all other aspects of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There has to be some catcher out there (and likely within the org) who can handle a pitching staff without being terrible at all other aspects of the game.

As if it matters. Lol

• Like 1

most smart teams call the pitches from the dugout. the catcher is meaningless that's why teams want framing and offense, not "vet leadership" or "handling a staff". 

The Sox are an antiquated team in every way.

• Like 3

The trade isn’t going to be a big win or loss either way…I just find it amusing that Chris Getz would refer to the return as foundational.

Foundational for creating a basement/cellar-dwelling team...maybe another owner would hire Getz to unintentionally tank their franchise in the future.

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Big fan of Soroka and Lopez?

the combination of Soroka, Lopez, Shewmake and Shuster, yes absolutely and it's not actually that close. Shewmake might actually be a useful baseball player on a good team, that alone is better than Bummer. and I'm not even a Bummer hater, I'm just like why would the White Sox pay a reliever 6 million dollars to pitch to a 7 ERA, why not see if 3 young players at primo positions with ample team control can do something? it's a no-brainer. what else was Bummer gonna get?

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Foundational for creating a basement/cellar-dwelling team...maybe another owner would hire Getz to unintentionally tank their franchise in the future.

Chris acquired three starters and three regulars who have cemented this team in the cellar. 

Missed this quote from Pedro the other day. But I agree who would ever think Eloy, Robert and Moncada would get injured.

I would have never — there’s just no way to think that’s going to happen or to even envision something like that to happen

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

To be fair, you want a good foundation when you’re living in the basement.

• Haha 1